Even though I was back home by 3pm, it was a very long day. I got up around 5am to shower & feed the horses before 6am. I brushed and cleaned up all three. It was okay for two of them, but the third one was outside with no lights, so I just had to "guess" at if I was actually getting any of the dirt off. When I went back out around 7am to saddle, I realized just how bad of a job I had done on Millie!!!
Loaded in the trailer and on the road about 7:50am. Everyone just walked into the trailer like they've been doing it every day this summer and fall. That was nice!
Jerry rode all three horses in about 1-1/2 hours. After he worked Lena, I crawled on her and we walked and trotted around the arena. And we managed to get all of this riding in before it started to pour down rain in Walla Walla! Everyone did great and by 10:30am I'm done with the trainer.
Slight problem. My dog's Vet appointment isn't until 1:30pm. I went in search for food, as I was hungry. Ended up driving all over Walla Walla, finally ending up at Jacobi's in the old train depot building. They had plenty of parking out back for the trailer and yummy lasagna.
After lunch, I drove out to the Vet's and took a nap for about an hour. Sassie got her rabies vaccination (good for 3 years.............now she just has to live that long). She also had blood work drawn to check her liver function because of the incontinence pills she takes. (The things we do for our animals). Some of the results were a little high, but he said a lot of that has to do with her age and not just the pills.
Heading back home was brutal.....partly because of the heavy rain that pummeled the vehicle almost all the way back, but mainly because I was tired. I mean, 9-10 hours is a very long time for me to go without a nap! After taking the saddles off the horses and letting them out on pasture when I returned, I headed straight for my rocking chair and slept over an hour. Sure to love my naps. I didn't even clean out the back of the trailer, since I know that it needs to be hosed down, and I just thought I'd do it all in the morning.
..............Then I just realized that I'm meeting folks for breakfast tomorrow, so I'm either going to have to get up real early to clean the trailer, or (more likely) just move the pickup and trailer so that I can get my Jeep out in the morning.
Gee, I'm even tired of thinking about options. Must be time for an early bedtime tonight. Love and hugs to all in bloggerland.
Ouch.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment