Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Results

Up early this morning and off to the Cancer Center for a blood draw. They were really busy today, so I waited almost 40 minutes. But that was okay, because it gave me a chance to chat with a really nice gal with breast cancer, named Linda. We talked about travel and our treatments and stuff in-between.

Nurse called me late this afternoon and said that my blood looked great! Of course it did.....it's MY blood. She said a couple of the numbers were a little low, but still okay. And now I get a bonus - the week off. I'm so excited about not having chemo this week.

After the draw, I had another appointment to go over my options for Medicare. (Yes, I will be turning 65 in December), so Medicare will start December 1st. This was a free service from one of the local hospitals and the gal helped me a lot. Now all I need to do is review the options for the supplemental insurance and the prescription coverage and apply for which ones I want by the end of this month. That will ensure that I will be covered in December. My goal is to do this final research tomorrow, giving me at least two remaining days to submit the final applications.

And now.............it's off to bed. Life is good. Once again, yea for NO CHEMO THIS WEEK. And praise God for the great results.

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Yea, for no chemo.
Yea, for the World Series.

I've not watched a baseball game all year... But, the World Series is kinda special. Always makes me think of Amanda. She was born during the World Series in mid-October. I remember holding my new baby in the hospital room, watching the Dodgers win one of the best games in the history of sports, and thinking, life is good.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD