Met up with my friends this morning for breakfast. I was able to eat something that (so far) hasn't upset my stomach. YEA. Afterwards I did a little shopping at a couple stores and headed for home. Time got away from me (do I HAVE to say "nap time") it got to be 2:30pm and I still hadn't started on the horse trailer.
After shoveling and sweeping out the trailer, it was time to gather up the hose and get serious about this cleaning business. It may only be a three-horse trailer, but there was "stuff" everywhere and it took forever to clean up. And since the seasons are changing, I decided to totally clean out the mangers too. Which caused problems. There is a drain hole to keep the water from accumulating in the mangers, but of course it got full of hay and junk and was plugged. I ended up having to go down and rustle up a screw driver to clear the blockage. I felt so powerful - after trouble-shooting and correcting the problem on my own.
So now the trailer is all clean and ready for winter. Even if I haul a few times between now and when the snow flies, it should be okay.
Oh, and speaking of snow. I saw on the weather report that they are forecasting S-N-O-W here by November 1st. Yikes, I'm not ready for the "s" word. But ready or not, here it comes.
Ouch.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment