Went over to the Cancer Center this afternoon for some blood work (from now on, it is a weekly event......to make sure I'm doing okay and capable of having chemo the next day. If the results are unusually low, my chemo session will be postponed one week to allow my body time to recuperate).
I was a little apprehensive, since this was to be my first time using the new Port and I didn't know how it would work. As usual, the unknown is the scariest part. My Port site hasn't totally healed, so it is still painful and kind of "ugly-looking". One hour before the Port is to be accessed, I'm suppose to put this numbing cream over the Port and then cover that with some Saran wrap. My worry was that I couldn't tell FOR SURE just exactly where the Port was.....since it is underneath the skin. Turns out I had it about half covered. Good to know. Hopefully I'll do better prior to tomorrow's chemo session.
After the blood draw, I stopped at the store to pick up milk and a few other essentials. I also saw some boneless sirloin steaks that caught my eye. I bought them hoping that the palate would agree with me and I'd be able to tolerate the protein. Oh boy.....I shouldn't have been concerned. I devoured that steak. I think I've found a new favorite food. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked steak, but since this cancer diagnosis, things just taste different. So I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully it exceeding all of my expectations. I've noticed that a lot of things are starting to taste better. And I'm eating and eating and eating - and hungry all of the time. But when I get on the scales, it registers the same or perhaps one pound lighter.
I've got a snoring dog hiding under the covers - and that is where I should be. My days keep blending together, which is a good thing because it makes the time go by faster.
Blessings to all in bloggerland. Blessings and hugs.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
Phyllis - Just caught up with your blog - three new entries. Good to have you blogging regularly. me
Remember that lil' ol' lady who asked, Where's the Beef?"
Steaks are great. We are animals, after all. Omnivores, which means we eat just about anything.
Isn't that what Marie Antoinette meant to say, "Let them eat steak."
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Post a Comment