Yes, today was a much better day. Not 100% mind you, but much, much better than Thursday. No nausea meds needed today. Just rest. Even managed to mix up a hamburger-macaroni dish with mushrooms, tomatoes, celery & onions. It was oh so tasty!!!
More hay was delivered today. Only two more loads and I will be done for the season. It's always a good feeling to have a whole barn full of hay. At least the "kids" will eat, even if "mom" goes hungry. I guess that's the way it has always been since the beginning of time.
I've got all of my water heaters in the water tanks and everything is turned on. It's suppose to get very cold tonight and tomorrow - they're calling it a hard frost. Still haven't got the sprinkler lines blown out. My guess is that it will warm up again and I can wait until closer to November to shut off the outside water.
After eight (8) weeks, I finally got my hair cut today. I usually get it cut every 4 weeks, so it was very long (for me). We decided to keep it a little on the long side for the winter and see how that goes. (Besides, it may all fall out in the next week or so.......I hope not, but one never knows. Remember, it's just hair). We can always cut it short again come spring and summer. It was nice to do something special today.
It's after 8:30pm and I'm looking at my bed and thinking "that looks like a good place to be". Of course I'll have to get up and let my dog out one last time, but I think I'm heading to la la land. It's amazing what the body can do to replenish itself with rest & nourishment.
I've got the weekend free, then I get blood work on Monday, followed by Chemo - round 2 on Tuesday. I'm praying for NO NAUSEA. And right now I'm just enjoying life.
Thanks for sticking with me on this journey. Thanks for being one of my blessings.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
I get my hair cut every four weeks or so, too, and I got mine cut yesterday. I wear it kinda long all the time. Not to my shoulders or anything. Kinda like Billy Graham in his later years. Heyy...If ya got it, flaunt it.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Glad you had a no nausea day. And you took care of yourself. sometimes it's the simple things like a haircut. Praying for a mellow weekend with some good food and lots of sleep.
Post a Comment