I keep wondering whatever happened to my summer. Here the time is slipping to September and I don't remember much of anything but hospitals and being sick since before June.
As a precaution to determine possible infection sources, my PICC line was removed today. I was really bummed out because they always have so much trouble hitting a vein. But out it came and I now have what they call a "peripheral" line. I won't be able to get as much nutrition for awhile, but for a couple of days, I'll be fine.
Have gone for two walks today, completing the last one about 10 minutes ago. Tonight was the first time I didn't go with a walker or my IV pole or anything. Walked really slowly, stopping to hold up side rails and walls, etc.
No visitors today. I always like visitors, but today it was just docs & nurses. Most everyone is really friendly here, so that helps. I started chatting with my night nurse last night and asked her where she was from. She said "Uganda". I told her I was going to guess that because I had been to Rwanda in January and met a gal from Uganda with similar features and accent. This RN is really from Rwanda and plans to return someday to help her people. She's been in the USA for 7 years, spending a year at WSU - Pullman, then getting her nursing degree from WSU - Spokane. Of course we swapped Coug stories, as well as experiences from Rwanda.
My doctor told me this morning that this little abscess is deep and doesn't seem to respond to draining. So we must let nature take its course, along with the new antibiotics.
Time for a little more shuteye. I continue to receive cards, emails and phone calls from you. Friendship is such a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing my journey. I thank God for all of you.
Ouch.
9 years ago

9 comments:
I love you. I'm sorry I'm not there to visit.
I love you. I'm sorry I'm not there to visit.
Sure wish I was on the coast to come see you - will have to make due with blogs, emails and snail mail until you return to the Tri City area and home. Count me on being there soon after you return. Love Mary
Sure wish I was on the coast to come see you - will have to make due with blogs, emails and snail mail until you return to the Tri City area and home. Count me on being there soon after you return. Love Mary
Hey - the blogger.com is doubling messages. ME
So glad to see you writing on your Blog. I have been really worried not hearing anything. Get strong, well and ready to grab life by the horns! Jan Kerns
How cool that you could connect with the nurse from Africa. I was at a Ribbon Cutting (Chamber of Commerce event) for Black Pioneers organzation, honoring Oregon Black Pioneers and black heritage. The fellow from Chamber Ambassadors (every white), was able to joke about being an Africa American, 'cause he was born in Zaire. He has a great personality, and I think the Black crowd appreciated his comments. I know I did.
Continue to take good care of yourself. Want you to enjoy a wonderful Autumn.
Cadence's Grand Dad
Hey lady,
Good to see you're back in the blog saddle again. Keep `em comin
Hey Phyllis!
Glad to see you back and communicating on the blog again. When are you going to blow that joint for good? Can hardly wait to see you back in the Tri-Cities. Sorry we can't be there with you. Continue to heal and we will be praying that the antibotics will be working real fast to get you up and out of there. We'll keep checking on you.
Post a Comment