Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Surgery In Less Than 48 Hours

Even though I've been home for two nights now, I never got to sleep in my own bed. Oh, I tried. But for some reason I needed my head elevated more than I could get in bed..............so it was back to the couch for me. At least my couch is comfortable, and the arm rest provided just the right angle for me to be able to breath and fall asleep right away.

My time here is almost over. I'm going back to Sue's place this afternoon. One of the reasons was so that I could see the home health nurse on Wednesday and get my PICC dressing changed. Imagine my surprise when they called me this morning and wanted to get the dressing changed TODAY. So now that is all done. Yea.

We leave for Seattle sometime tomorrow. Then of course Thursday is the BIG day. I've asked my niece to post any surgery-related updates on her blog. To get to her blog, you can either click
here or check out the "Other Blogs I Read" section on the left hand side of my blog and click on KMA & Family. Either way should get you to the proper site.

I won't have internet access on Wednesday night, and of course I will be out of commission for a few days. Words cannot express my gratitude to all of you that continue to pray for me. Believe me when I say that I am also praying for you and thanking God for putting such wonderful people in my path to help me through this journey. You are my strength here on earth and I thank you for your support. We will walk through this journey together. And as I told me sister today, while I still cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, I definitely can now see the tunnel.

12 comments:

Jan Kerns said...

You will be on my mind continually over the next few days. I wished I could be there when you come out of surgery so I could hold your hand until you wake up.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know your
riding friends at the Saddle Club are sending prayers your way. You are in our thoughts always. Pattie Judkins, Kathy Lewis, Naydene Bosch, Kathy Morehouse and Judy Jackson.

Anonymous said...

Prayers from Moses Lake! Let us know if we can help...N & G

Vanessa's Dad said...

Praying for continued healing and "surgical successes." Glad you could see the tunnel. Look out for lights at the end of the tunnel... could be a train!

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

We wish you "surgery success"!
The Lynnwood Cousins

Anonymous said...

Phyllis - Speed through this time with our warmest thoughts and prayers. Love Mary and Loren

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog. Good luck on the surgery. We are praying for you. Love, Jay and Julie

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard how things are going Phyllis. Keeping you in prayer and thought. I couldn't find any
new updates on you on the other blog site.
God be with you, Nancy

mom3 said...

Phyllis,
I love you and can't wait to hear the good word! I will keep checking.

Praying continually!

ME

mom3 said...

Thanks to your lovely niece for the update. She made me smile and feel even more grateful! I will keep checking and praying!

ME

mom3 said...

Phyllis, It sounds as though things are progressing well and speedily for you! Will be anxious to hear what exactly they ended up doing in the surgery (you know---what was removed and placed in little jars of formadahyde for future viewing!Or is that only in the movies...) Love you!
ME

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your niece for the updates. Wanted to check to see the details of your surgery. It sounds like you are recovering very nicely. Can't wait to see you back in the Tri-Cities, at your home. Let us know if we can help you in any way. You are in our prayers. God's blessings.

Jan and Dick