..........Oh wow. Talk about getting run over by a mack truck! I wouldn't recommend this for anybody, but if it had to be done, I will be forever thankful that it was here at the University of Washington Medical Center. Other than a couple "less then fun days" in ICU, I have been treated very well and seem to be responding at or ABOVE expectations.
Friday I went down for yet another (how many times do you think I can say "yet another" without coming up with a better phrase) CAT scan. I had been taken off all of my antibiotics and other stuff, and they were trying to figure out why my white blood count was still elevated. Turns out I had more issues with some sort of an abscess. I went back down to the radiation folks around noon today and they put in another drain to help remove the infection. And while neither the doctors or I were excited about more minor surgery, we were all for getting this infection cleared up. They drew off quite a bit of white stuff and put in another drain to finish what will "hopefully" be my last drain bag. Right before heading down this morning for the scan, drain bag #3 was taken out. And while it was painful, the pain didn't last long. And my cousins Bob, Mary Ann & Zip showed up right after that, so they got to speak briefly with the doctor and then spend about 30 minutes with me prior to heading downstairs.
God continues to provide me with peace and encouragement. Each one of you that has been placed in my path have meant a great deal to me and I continue to lift up my life to Jesus as the only one that can truly make me whole.
Hugs & love to all of you. Thanks for keeping in touch -- whether via blog, email, letters or phone calls. While I cannot talk very long on the phone (my throat gets too dry) I do love to hear from you.
Ouch.
9 years ago

5 comments:
Out with the bad stuff... In with the good...
Drains are a pain, but better than holding onto the bad stuff.
Take care of yourself.
Cadence's Grand Dad
Phyllis - I opened your blog this morning and what a lift to hear from you directly. Keep of the positive and recover soon. David, Loren and a friend Nancy Wolf and I are going to the Baxter Black and Wiley concert in Hopper today. We will miss you. Love Mary
F R O G' we all need one
I was told a story about a lady in the hospital who was near death when an area Chaplain came to visit her. This Chaplain was a very young female with long blond hair. She listened to the lady who was ill and left her a small gift for comfort. It was a tiny ceramic frog. The next day one of the people from the lady's church came to visit. The lady told her friend about the beautiful young Chaplain who had come to visit her. The friend was so impressed with the way the lady had improved and felt the need to talk to the young Chaplain, too. In her search to find the young gal, she was repeatedly reassured that chaplains are never very young and that there was never a gal that fit the description given.
Upon returning to the lady in the hospital, a visiting nurse entered the room and noticed the ceramic frog. The nurse made the comment 'I see you have a guardian angel with you...' as she held the little frog. We asked why she made the comment and we were informed that the frog stood for:
(F) Forever (R) Rely (O) On (G) God
To The World You Might Be One Person; But To One Person You Might Be the World.
Glad that you are feeling better!
SO good to have you back letting us know your progress!! A Good sign.
Will continue to keep you in my prayers, and you keep up your faith a good spirit I know God will not let you down.
Palmer is safely back in WI. Dad got a call from him yesterday. All is good here.
In case you didn't know Anonymous is Nancy Snider MT
Post a Comment