This turned out to be a busy day. Busy in the fact that my weekly visit from the Home Health nurse was this morning. She brought some fresh supplies, checked out a question I had, took all my vitals and asked a bunch of questions, then changed the dressing on my PICC line. The entire process took almost 1-1/2 hours, but it was nice to get that all done. The dressing change was no big deal, and here I had been fretting about it. When will I learn that the Lord has everything under control. All I have to do is put my complete and total faith in Him. I could have saved a day of worry and fretting had I just remembered that simple piece of advise.
Then I received a call from my Seattle doctor saying that they want me to be there by 10:30am on Friday, instead of 11:00am. So now my ride will have to leave his house by 5:30am to pick me up by 6:00am for the jaunt over to Seattle.
After that I spoke with my neighbor to discuss the current horse-feeding schedule. She had just arranged for a couple of 4-H girls, along with their mothers, to feed a few days this month. (Thanks Peg. I would have never thought to do that. You're the best!) Turns out that I know at least one of the mothers. Peg says I know them both, but with only first names, I can't put a face to the other person. I also spoke to a horsey friend from church, and he is picking up both morning and night feeding for about five days. Now I just heard that all of the feeding slots for the month of August are assigned - except for three. That's just amazing. Praise God.
My big adventure this afternoon was going and getting a haircut. Oh boy, did that every feel good. I have only been taking sponge baths for a couple weeks now, and hadn't washed my hair in almost ten days. What luxury to have clean hair. The simple things...........those are what you enjoy most when you don't feel well.
Speaking of well, I pretty much stayed up the entire day today, which was amazing. But by 6:00pm I was starting to fade, so I took a pain pill (thank you Percocet for giving me relief from the pain). Then I got horizontal, and while I didn't sleep much, I did get to rest.
And now it is time for bed. My dog has already made her way into the bedroom and I will be following her shortly. Tomorrow will be a day of nothing to do, so I should be able to kick back and just relax and prepare myself for the trip over to Seattle and back. I am getting stronger each and every day. My friend that took me into town this afternoon even commented on how much better I seemed from when she saw me on Monday, just two days ago.
Friends............you are ALL the best. You help me keep my eyes focused on the task at hand and help me to realize that I'm not in this alone. With loving friends, and a God that loves each and every one of us more than we will ever understand, I feel surrounded by good. You all help keep my faith strong. This is going to be a long journey and I truly appreciate all that each of you do.
Yes, this was an ordinary day. Ordinary and unique. Thank you for sharing it with me. I love you all.
Ouch.
9 years ago

1 comment:
Seems like an extraordinary day to me.
Getting stronger every day: From Delirious:
http://www.rhapsody.com/delirious/the-mission-bell/stronger-the-mission-bell-album-version/lyrics.html
Also, a flashback to Chicago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wHixgp2RE
Thanks for the example and the memories..
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Post a Comment