Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Moving

If things continue to go as planned, I will be leaving the UW Medical Center tomorrow (Thursday) sometime and heading for a skilled nursing facility in Ballard. Since I'm not sure if they will have internet access there, thought I'd better update everyone so that you know the plans.

My cell phone is now working, so in addition to email and the blog, I can always be reached via telephone.

I've had a couple of really good days..........well, up until tonight when I spilled my food tray all over the floor, even breaking a dish!! Honest, it was an accident. I was moving my table cart around and didn't realize that the thing wasn't locked, so everything went crashing to the floor. Thankfully I had already finished dinner.

My food intake today was the best so far. I had cream of wheat for breakfast, a chicken taco salad for lunch and 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich, along with some mashed potatoes and turkey gravy for dinner. Things just tasted really good. And my pain medication has been reduced. I think I've only taken pain pills twice today. I only walked once, but I strolled all over this entire floor.

And my good friend Becky stopped by for another visit. She volunteers at Children's Hospital on Wednesday mornings, so has been stopping by around 1pm. Such a sweetie.

Oh, and I got my new PICC line put in. It will be nice to once again have a good vein to not only receive antibiotics and nutrition, but also to be able to withdraw blood without another poke.

So life is good.

Stay tuned for more details. And remember, if you don't hear from me for awhile, it MAY be that I cannot get internet access at my "new place".

Please keep the prayers, phone calls, emails, etc. coming. I can definitely feel the love. And I hope you know that those prayers are returned to you every day. You are all special to me. Thanks for tagging along on this journey. God is good. He deserves all of the credit for my recovery and for putting all of you wonderful people in my path.

2 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

A new PICC line put in... and life is good. Simple pleasures... positive perspective... Good for your health.

The food sounds so good my mouth is watering, and I had a wonderful Seared Ahi dinner tonight.

Keep moving on down that road of recovery.

LOVE,

CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

Phyllis - Its Friday, September 4, I hope you have moved to Ballard. Be careful there they don't like Seals, oh your not a seal, so you should be fine. Love ME