I haven't posted recently because everything seems to be the same.....day in, day out. But having been chastised by more than one person, I'll try to give a brief update.
Had two sets of company today. Three of my cousins from western Washington showed up. Then Carol from Tri-Cities arrived for a surprise visit. Carol & I walked to the duck pond - for a total of probably 20-25 minute outside walk. That was enough to get me out of Physical Therapy. But Occupational Therapy still wanted to do strength exercises. So just before dinner, I went down to the gym and we did a bunch of lifts with a 4 foot long weight bar (I'm still doing just 3 pounds).
The food continues to be barely tolerable. I haven't had any input in my menu this past week at all. But I received a slip on Friday with all of the upcoming meals, so I circled what I preferred for the next week. We shall see if that helps.
My clothes ALL came back from being laundered. I had been told to expect that some things may show up "missing". It's a good thing though, since I only have three pair of pants, including the ones I'm wearing. This should be enough to get me through the rest of my stay.
It's almost time for my nutrition IV to be started. It only runs for six hours now, but I'm still having trouble sleeping with the noise of the pump. However, I make up for it during the day, getting in plenty of shut-eye time.
I continue to thank the Lord for everyone that has been put in my path. You are all very special to me and it is great to call you friend.
Hugs.
Ouch.
9 years ago

4 comments:
"Mundane living" sounds like the beginning of Ecclesiastes. Maybe you can end up with eat, drink and be merry. Not sure where IV's fit into that.
Personally, I love movies. They are my escape from the mundane.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Something to look forward to and get ready for - Blue Ridge Ranch riding area - Between LaCrosse and Washtucna at mile mark 95 turn north toward Benge on Beckley Road go 2 1/2 miles and watch for sign. New place to access range land trails and open space. Shan Webley 509 549 3974 or Gregg B eckley 509 887-2335. Sounds like something we should do in the spring. Love Mary
Sounds like everyone is anxious to get you back up and riding. I hope the Fall turns out to be a real great time for you to recooperate outdoors. We have been awaiting your arrival to the Tri-Cities as well. However, it sounds like we will have to make an appointment well in advance if we are to get any time with you. That is a very GOOD thing. Keep healing and we will keep praying. Hugs to you. II Corinthians 11:3.
Hi, just checking in on you. Sounds like you are getting better because you are bored.
Post a Comment