Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Insurance Delay

Everyone here at the hospital is ready to release me, but my insurance company has yet to give approval for the switch from hospital to skilled nursing facility. So I'll be spending at least one more night in the hospital. You'd think the hospital would be a much more expensive place to spend the night, but insurance companies work in their own mysterious ways.

My stitches (staples) came out this morning. There were 25 of them....and boy a couple of them REALLY hurt. We stopped several times before I had the nerve to continue on. So two weeks after surgery I have no more staples - just steri-strips holding things in place. Everything looks good.

My walks continue to go farther and farther. I can pretty much maneuver myself all around this floor of the hospital. I always stop and visit the fish in the tank, then head for the visiting room across from the elevators. It's a nice warm spot, and I stop and just look outside for awhile.

I did find out that the skilled nursing facility in Ballard DOES have WiFi, so I will be able to continue blogging from there.....eventually! That was good to know.

Now it's just a simple matter of getting the wheels greased and getting the ball moving. Can you tell I'm getting impatient? I just have to keep reminding myself that things happen not according to my plan, but rather to God's perfect plan.

2 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Gotta picture in my mind of God greasing wheels and getting balls moving...

Gettin' stronger every day.

CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Amanda said...

25 stitches- owie! Two weeks already since the surgery- where did the time go? Glad you are well enough to be released.