Yes, I really have gotten home.
After spending two nights at Sue's house last week, we decided that by Friday I was doing okay and could head out "on my own". Since I was basically gone all summer, it was GREAT being home. And my dog just couldn't get enough "smelling time" in. She kept going outside and heading to the barn to sniff one more thing. I know how she felt.
My first "episode" was a couple hours later, when I got into my Jeep to head to the store to pick up my prescriptions. The sound I heard was CLICK, CLICK CLICK .............. Yes, dead battery. So I went over to start up the pickup to see if it would start. It did. I then had to crawl in the bed of the pickup to unhook the horse trailer cables. Cumbersome, but not harmful to me in any way. I've got AAA Insurance, which I think I'll call in the morning to come restart my car. Normally I could just jump it with my jumper cables, but the car is parked at such an angle that my cables aren't long enough to reach. Ah, the trials and tribulations of living in the country!!!
I also saw that I have a break in one of my pasture irrigation lines. It looks like it hasn't been broken for very long, so it hasn't dried out the grass yet. I've got a guy that I used this spring to fix some of my irrigation issues. I'll get in touch with him soon. Looks like a pretty easy fix, but of course it's something that I cannot yet do.
Speaking of "doing"...................I asked the doc when he thought I could ride my horse again. After rolling his eyes, he said "Listen to your body" in reference to how much weight I could lift. Then he said that it would probably be AT LEAST a month, because I'd have to be able to lift my saddle onto the horse. (What he didn't know is that I have a 25 lb. saddle that could be used "in a pinch"). But of course after going through all of this, I'm not going to do anything stupid and injure myself.
Other than going out and visiting the horses, watching TV and sleeping, I've spent most of my time trying to get through my mail. Three month's worth of mail is A LOT. At least I now have it sorted in piles, and I've got the bills all in one spot as well.
Even though I'm feeling well and doing great, my doctor told me that I'm a long way from out of the woods on this cancer. So I would ask that you continue to pray for me and all those with life-threatening illnesses. Your support has meant a lot to me.
Hugs from home.
Ouch.
9 years ago

8 comments:
Welcome home Phyllis! I was so happy to read this entry today and can't wait to share it with mom and dad. We do continue to pray for you and are so thankful for the local and far reaching support group! And I am thankful for you!
ME
Hooray!!!! Hooray!!!! I can only imagine the pure pleasure of your first breathe of air when you got to walk into your barn. I'm sure that now you'll heal even faster. There is nothing like the "medicine" of being in your own comfortable environment. We are soooo very glad for you Phyllis!
Bob and Corie
I am so happy for you Phyllis!! I know how wonderful it must be for you to be home, especially when you have been gone for 3 months!! If I am gone for only 10 days I feel like I've been gone forever.
I am sure your horses were even happy to see you!
Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers
God Bless and have a great day! Nancy
Welcome home. Wonderful perspective to accept "problems" home life now as blessings, 'cause YOU'RE HOME!!!!
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Oh boy home at last, home at last. We will keep you in our hearts and prayers always. Love Mary and Loren
I love you. I'm glad you're home. I'm glad you're listening to your body and not rushing anything. I promise to do the same thing. Praying for you.
WELCOME HOME PHYLLIS
Hope this sunshine brightens your day. Give you a few more days to "settle in". We want to visit with you SOON. You are in our prayers.
Glad to know you are home and doing better. There is a monthly meeting at the club tonight. Wished you were up to coming. Look forward to seeing your smile again. You are in my prayers.
Post a Comment