Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home..........Almost

Got discharged from Rehab a little before 10am and we immediately headed for the freeway.

Cousin Mary Ann had made turkey sandwiches for lunch, which we ate at the Indian John Rest Stop out of Cle Elum. I was apprehensive that I wouldn't be able to eat anything dry, but I gulped that half a sandwich down in a heartbeat. Boy, was it good. Then when we stopped for gas I polished off the other sandwich half. That is by far the most I've eaten since before entering the hospital. (I told my doctor that I thought I would be able to do better with the eating when I got home, since I would be able to graze and grab foods I liked).

We arrived at my girl friend Sue's place just before 2pm. Zip dropped off my stuff then headed for Idaho to visit his mother. It's so nice to have wonderful relatives and friends that are willing to take care of me.

Oh, before I forget...........thanks to my friend Becky for stopping by Rehab early this morning to deliver my pillow and blanket. They really came in handy on the trip back, when I snuggled in for a 30 minute nap.

So, yes........I am out of rehab, but not actually at my own home yet. I thought it would be best if I transitioned a couple days at my friend's place, so we could monitor my progress and make sure I'm doing okay. If everything goes okay, we are shooting for Friday to actually arrive at my own home. I can hardly wait. I've basically been gone since mid-June, which is waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Took the dogs for a walk tonight just after sunset. Sue was amazed at how much faster I was moving than before surgery when I stayed at her house. I do get better every day.

Right now I'm doing normal stuff. Basically I'm listening to my dog snore. Life doesn't get much better than that!

Will update again when I actually arrive at my final destination.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis, I am so happy to hear you are going to be able to go home!! I am sure that is a GREAT feeling. Somehow home always makes us feel better. I'm sure you will do better being able to do the chemo treatments closer to home too. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. With everyone praying and with the faith you have maybe the chemo won't be bad. God Bless. Nancy

NJC said...

Great news Phyllis! I think I heard that big sigh of happiness in ML! No matter how many times people say it, there IS no place like home! njc

Vanessa's Dad said...

Life gets much better than listening to a dog a snore!!!

But, that's a much better sound than the 24/7 "buzz" of a hospital.

Great to read that your spirits and health are raising as you get closer to home.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are nearly home. Snoring dog sounds make me happy too. Love Mary

Amanda said...

normal stuff and almost home and listening to loved ones snore- I agree, it's the little things. Praying you get home and settled in soon. Glad you have such great friends and family around you.

Anonymous said...

Wow Phyllis you are almost there. Really will be great when you are home. If you think you are mending fast now, just wait until you get on your own turf again! Guess who we bumped into yesterday in the parking lot of Walmart, no less...Terry Kanoke (sorry we can't remember Mark's last name). Anyway, we chatted for a while. We bragged on our little 14.1 mile bike ride the other day only to have her tell us she had just come back from a 100 mile bike trip. Somehow ours just didn't seem that great after that :) Seriously, she is looking great and said she will be in contact with you. We continue to pray for your speedy recovery and return. Lots of hugs.