Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Why

Another weekend is upon us. Seems like the days and weeks are just passing by in a blur.

I’m in the beginning process of putting together another trip . . . to Europe. It’s with two of the gals that were in Africa with me. Right now they’ve given me where they would like to go, how long they want to be gone – and a little about what they want to see. Now it’s my job to figure out how to make that happen, or to convince them that they cannot do EVERYTHING in one trip.

But they REALLY want to see Greece. Then they also want to spend some time in (take a deep breath) Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, Vatican City, England, Netherlands, some beaches, some museums, lots of historical stuff – lots of ruins and some specific places. Places like London, Paris, Pisa, Florence, Rome, Pompeii, Venice, Vienna, Salzburg, Amsterdam and who knows where else. Of all these places, the only country I haven’t been to is Greece. But Greece is like a destination unto itself, so it will be very difficult to decide how to work in the other countries. I’m sure I’ll be able to work out a plan though. I’ve already convinced them to omit Spain & Portugal from any consideration, so that will help a little. We shall see.

Another element of all this trip planning is that one of the gals is planning to be in Spain/Portugal for three weeks in early June. She wants to save the expense of an extra flight by working our European trip adjacent to her first trip.

Oh, the tangled webs we weave. But I’ve done this before, so I’m sure I can do it again. And at least this time I will only be paying expenses for ONE. Still, it’s going to be a lot of work.

Why me? So much work. So little time.

No comments: