It's now about 4:25pm, and I thought I'd update all of you on my food intake for today. (Okay, so none of you really care..............Fine! Then just quit reading. I won't force you).
Protein is great. I love it. Meats, cheeses, milk, eggs. But when you have to go to the store and make SURE that you are "only" getting protein.............well, it takes a lot of label reading.
This morning I scrambled up a couple eggs, added some sliced turkey meat from a Lunchables meal I had started that night before. Then I added (too much) cheese to it. But that's what I had for breakfast.
Oh............and of course water. Lots and lots of water.
Then my sister took me to the store. I bought broccoli, spinach, cottage cheese, lettuce, tuna fish, shredded cheddar cheese and one pound of hamburger - 7% fat. Looked at lots of other stuff, but they usually had carbs or sugars in them, of which I can have none.
Back home to the sister to start her voice lessons for the afternoon. Her first student was at 2pm and I think we got home about 1:45pm.
I browned some hamburger, put it over a nice big bowl of lettuce and covered that with the sliced cheddar cheese. Gee, a taco salad....minus the tomatoes, salsa, chips and all of the other good stuff. But oh my did it ever taste good!
Got up from my nap thinking it was time for cottage cheese. Yum, yum, yummy! I just shut my eyes and dreamed that there were nice big pieces of fruit or tomato in there and I was in heaven.
Might have another salad tonight (since I have leftover hamburger) and I think I'll fix the broccoli. And of course more cottage cheese. Then I will get nothing more to eat until after my procedure in the morning.
I'm going to ask why it was so important that I eat only protein today. Something do to with the test I am sure. But I forgot to ask earlier. Silly me.
I'm loving this weather. At least for today, it looks like summer has finally arrived in Spokane. Up to 88 degrees so far. Marsha's got the air conditioner on, and I'm sitting outside on the patio under the umbrella table. (Well, actually not under the table, but under the umbrella that's attached to the table!) Life is good.
I slept pretty good last night. That was the second night I slept in the bed and not on the couch. But it's hard, because the bed is an air mattress on the floor, so I have to roll out of it and then get on my knees to get up. But that's okay. I'm surviving.
Hopefully I'll have enough energy to post Thursday to let you all now how the day went. Thanks to everyone that has emailed, phoned or stopped by. It means a great deal to know that I have so many friends and family that are praying for me. We have a good God. I trust him. Life is definitely good.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
I love you!
I'm glad you had a nice array of protein meals today. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and anxious to hear how everything goes.
: )
Sheila
Post a Comment