Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Déjàvu

Actually, that would be TIMES TWO.

Shortly before 7pm Thursday night, a serious wind, lightning and thunder storm rolled through the area. It started with the wind. My first thought was of that similar even just over one year ago, when the wind downed the tree in front of my house. This time I just smiled ….. knowing that what was left of that tree wouldn’t come down, even if things got really nasty. Fortunately, there was no damage at my house. But there were many lightning strikes in the area, the closest about 5 miles from here that burnt a hay stack.

Last night the winds weren’t as strong, but there were clouds rolling in from the north. But nothing major happened on Friday.

Tonight was a serious repeat of Thursday. Not so much wind, but lots and lots of rain, followed by thunder and lightning. Made me extremely grateful once again, knowing that any nearby trees would not damage my home.

On another note, I’ve been feeling a little bit “not quite right” lately. Nothing I can really put my finger on, just a weird stomach and not much appetite. I’m thinking that it might be the emotional letdown following my brother’s death. I know that I was completely wrapped up in taking care of him and focusing on his needs. At least I’m hoping that’s all it is. I’ve been taking complete days off to do absolutely nothing. I’ll monitor this for a few days, and if no change, then I’ll go see my doctor. I promise. I fixed chicken noodle soup for lunch-dinner today. It actually tasted pretty good.

As Susan, Albert’s caregiver, so aptly said many times over the past month, “Lord, let it be in Your perfect time”. I know that whatever ails me is in God’s hands, and I trust Him.

And now it’s off to bed. While the storm has yet to pass, the air is crisp and clear, which will lead to some good sleeping weather.

I’m very excited for Sunday morning. Our church will be having services in a new building tomorrow. This will be a “sneak preview” of what the new space will provide. While it doesn’t look like it from the outside, it is almost half-again as large as our present facility. So instead of trying to cram 200-300 people in each of three services, we will now have a place where 500-600 people can comfortably attend each service. Praise God that our church has grown so fast over the last two years.

Goodnight!

No comments: