
Ah yes, another Flag Day. My flag has flown proudly outside on my deck all day long. To honor both my country and my parents.
I'm proud of my country. Proud of the men & women that serve her so very well, and get in harms way to keep us safe. Freedom isn't free. The flag says that to me. But it also says that on this day in 1941, my parents were married.
Over the years I have been able to smile and think ...... "gee, I guess EVERYONE must know about my mom & dad." In all parts of this great country, the flag will wave today - and I smile thinking that maybe it's for my parents, who spent 57 years together. And while dad has been gone for 11 years now, and mom for almost seven, I still miss them. The wound seems fresher this year, after losing my brother.
As you put your loved ones to bed tonight, tuck them in extra tight and give them an extra hug. Wrap them in your loving arms and remember the flag, our troops and our family. May God Bless you.
And God Bless America!
As you put your loved ones to bed tonight, tuck them in extra tight and give them an extra hug. Wrap them in your loving arms and remember the flag, our troops and our family. May God Bless you.
And God Bless America!

No comments:
Post a Comment