Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Quiet Monday

Not much going on here today......which is good.

I did my usual morning "lazy-time" - including a nap, then just as I was ready to take a shower, my sister called. Of course you ALWAYS talk to your sister (we hadn't talked in some time) but after 20 minutes, I really had to hurry.

Today was my weekly blood draw. We decided to keep the line in - until after tomorrow's chemo session. That will mean one less poke. And tomorrow I also have my monthly visit with the oncology doctor. Hopefully he will have nothing but good things to say!

A friend from church stopped by this evening to look at a couple little projects I need done in the house. One is my bathroom. My bathroom floor needs to be replaced, as the toilet is "leaning" badly to one side. The toilet also needs to be replaced (or I want it replaced). Then there's a leak in my kitchen by the garbage disposal. But of course there were absolutely NO LEAKS while he was here. Oh well, he still thinks he knows what the problem is - so we'll go from there. This guy is so incredible. When I originally asked him to stop by to give me an estimate, I was just trying to help him out, since he has a brand new baby and the repair business (like the rest of the economy) is slow right now. Well, imagine my surprise when he absolutely insists on donating all of his time, labor & materials for this project. Tonight I even reiterated my willingness to pay for everything, but was turned down flat. He makes me very proud to be a Christian.

Until next time. Love you all.

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Jehovah Jirah... God provides.

Nice that you appreciate all the He provides. God likes a grateful heart.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD