Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Healing

I am an impatient person. I want to be 100% and back to my “normal” self. But then I went through some notes I took before my surgery and was told that my recovery would take 3-6 months to completely heal.

So…………..how long has it been since my surgery? Three months today! Is that true? Only three months. No wonder I’m still having issues. As much as I want things to be back to the way they were, I truly have to slow down and do what the doctor originally told me. “Listen to your body”. I can’t get in a hurry. Just like anything else in life, if I do something in haste, it will actually take longer when I have to “do it over” to get it right.

I have bible study this morning. I just love the gals that attend this study. We’re doing a Beth Moore series. If you’ve ever done one of her studies, there is always LOTS of homework. But not this time. There is actually NONE. We spend over an hour watching a video of her presentation and then we all spend time discussing areas in our life that were touched by the session. Very inspiring.

Later this afternoon I’m heading to Moses Lake – to prepare for a very early morning departure to western Washington Saturday. Several of us are going to a travel festival sponsored by Rick Steves. Need to be there by 9am (actually probably more like 8:30am when allowing for a place to park and arrive at the venue). I’m thinking Saturday morning’s departure may be as early as 4:30-5:00am. This time of year one never knows about the weather – and snow and snow and snow is predicted for all weekend on the pass.

But never fear. I had my jeep serviced yesterday, so it is ready for anything. And I have things like chains, exercise mat for lying on to install chains (I always knew an exercise mat would be good for something) extra clothing, extra food, blanket, cell phone, charger, flash light – the list goes on.

I felt a little on the cruddy side yesterday. Sometimes my gut just feels like it has been running and running. So I took a two hour nap in the afternoon, then laid down at 8pm for awhile – waking up after 11pm. Promptly went back to sleep, waking up about 5:30am. I’ve definitely got this sleeping thing down. But at least now I’m doing it at night instead of all day long.

It’s time to start my day, so I’ll chat with all of you later. Love & hugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are amazing - at three months you are headed off for a fun venue and have the patients to take it easy as needed. Love Mary

Vanessa's Dad said...

Hey... My Name is Michael, and I'm impatient.

I'm getting better, 'though. Wisdom comes with age and learning from my mistakes.

Kendra loves Beth Moore. She also has had her time in the desert, learning the lesson of waiting. She showed me The Wait Poem, by Russell Kelfer. http://www.dtm.org/Poems/Wait.html

Very powerful. And, now Kendra has been blessed, which blesses me, and many other.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD