Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Blessings

Let’s see……………..Since I last wrote, it seems like I’ve done nothing, but I still remain busy.

Tuesday I made a trip to Spokane to see my regular doctor. He thought I looked GREAT. Always nice to hear. He decided to let me get my blood work at the same time I have my next blood draw at the Cancer Center – which is next Tuesday. I told him that I hadn’t been on blood pressure medicine since June. While my numbers were elevated a bit, we think it’s more the “white coat syndrome” of being at the doctor’s office. So he asked me to keep track of it, and if the numbers are still high, he will give me a new prescription in six months. But it will probably be at a lower dosage than what I previously took. He’s also anxious to see the results of the blood work, because he thinks that I “might” be able to quit taking my cholesterol medicine. That would be great. The last thing they did was to give me an H1N1 vaccine. I asked if it was a live virus or killed virus. He said it was killed and that he wouldn’t give me a live virus …………….. One more thing checked off my list.

Following the doctor’s visit, I headed north to my sister’s place. My dog wasn’t real happy to be with the two corgis, but they managed. Marsha & I went and ran some errands. First to the bank, then to lunch (remember, I thought I was going to have blood drawn, so I had been fasting since 7pm the previous evening). That made the meal REALLY yummy. Now it was time to do her Thanksgiving grocery shopping. We managed to get everything she wanted by going to only two stores. I even bought a Poinsettia from Costco for her home.

Went back to Marsha’s place after all the shopping and I laid down for a nap, while she gave voice lessons. About 5pm I decided I really should depart for home. But first, I called Angie – one of the gals that lives in Spokane and going to Greece next summer. There were some documents from the tour company that needed signing, so I was hoping to get in touch with her while I was still in Spokane. As luck would have it, she was just getting off work and would wait for me in the mall downtown. So we met and got all our paperwork signed. Now it’s off for home to feed the horses. Oh yes, I arrived way past their normal feeding time, but they were still very happy to see me.

Wednesday I did NOTHING. Something I’m pretty good at these days. Oh, I take that back. I did make my Cranberry Jello mold to take with me on Thursday.

Thursday I got up and made Deviled Eggs. After doing that and feeding the horses, it was time “once again” for a nap. Slept about an hour and then took a shower to get ready to go to some friends for dinner.

We had a GREAT meal. There were eight of us. I think what impressed me the most was that there were nine……count them – N-I-N-E homemade pies. And I didn’t have any. I just knew that pie wouldn’t agree with me. But boy did they look good. Let’s see. There was:
  1. pumpkin
  2. apple
  3. cherry
  4. lemon
  5. chocolate
  6. banana split
  7. peanut butter/chocolate
  8. pecan pie (1)
  9. pecan pie (2)

My jello mold was a real hit with one of the kids, so now I have to send the recipe.

Today is a beautiful, bright, sun-shiny day. Makes me happy to be alive. I’d go ride my horse if there was someone that would go with me.

Life is good. I didn’t eat too much yesterday, although I was extremely stuffed at the time. I usually don’t eat that much in a single sitting. My stomach paid for it later. Oh well. Sometimes it’s worth it!!!

God continues to shine down on me, and I am open to accept his blessings. May all of you be thankful for the many blessings in your life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phyllis - Just finished a meal of left overs from Thanksgiving with David and the Damon's family. "Uncle David" is going to the 3D Christmas movie with Dash and Logan. Tomorrow David and I are going to Colfax to put up pictures in OD's new ground floor apartment. If I didn't have all that to do and eat more leftovers I'd drive down to ride with you.

Love Mary - so glad you are progressing well.

Vanessa's Dad said...

Thanksgiving is a time for gratefulness... and Great Fullness. :)

I'm both. Even today... with leftovers... more gratefulness and great fullness. Yummm... fun...

Happy Holidays.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Amanda said...

I feel uplifted just reading your blog post. And hungry- craving chocolate peanut butter pie now....

Glad you had a good week and a great Thanksgiving!