Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Life

I cannot believe that it is halfway through the month of November, and Thanksgiving is just over one week away.

But on a side note, I had my blood draw today, and after tomorrow's chemo I will be ONE-THIRD of the way done towards completing my therapy! Yea. I'm still struggling with what upsets my stomach and what doesn't. I keep saying that I need to start a food diary and keep track, but so far those are just words.

Saturday I got to participate in a widows and orphans conference at a local church. Some of the presenters represented foster care, adoption, and others (like ours) sponsoring children. It was extremely interesting and I'm glad I went.

Received a call late last week from the folks that got my horse. They called it a "Millie Update". They are truly excited to have a horse, and I am so thankful that they are the ones that got her. At first my natural instincts were to think "what's wrong? Something must have happened to Millie". But nope, they were just letting me know that she was okay and everyone was doing fine.

So, life is continuing to happen ..... every day. Some days I may not want to get out of bed, but God has ways of getting me going. Besides, I am definitely NOT giving in to Satan, who of course is the one that wants me to stay miserable and feel sorry for myself. I can tell you that is definitely not going to happen. Satan. Are you listening? You might as well give up now, because I've got my hand in Jesus' and we can beat you!

Life, and the journey, continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You keep inspiring me and others also, I'm sure. Yay Phyllis! Have a great Thanksgiving - njc

Vanessa's Dad said...

Nothing can separate you from the Love of Christ Jesus.

Nothing...

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD