Well, my sister & I went to my doctor's appointment today.
Now I'm more confused than ever............He started talking "treatment" & surgical removal of the mass, chemo, etc., etc. But when I asked what the results of all the tests were, he said "Oh, they were ALL negative, but the mass is still very suspicious". Makes one wonder just what to believe.
So for now, I'm researching. And if any of you have any research knowledge, or good ideas, about pancreatic cancer, please pass them on to me. It's all just a little bit overwhelming.
I spoke with my regular doc this afternoon, and he said from what he saw from the PET scan, there's plenty to be "suspicious" about.
The mass (and not the gall stone, gall bladder) was what was causing my original issues .... my first symptoms were white stools. Apparently the color of your stool is determined by your bile, and since mine was not able to properly drain into my intestinal tract, everything came out "white".
A friend of my sister's had the same diagnosis from the same doc and this friend decided to go with a holistic approach with Swedish doctors in Las Vegas. We discussed this option with the doc today and he said that everyone's biology (internal stuff) is slightly different, so it isn't always a one-approach-fits-all deal. But at least it's an option.
Frankly, I haven't done any research yet, but I have gotten several possible sites to check out from different folks.
......................I'm still of the opinion that it is just a benign mass (which needs to come out eventually). And maybe with enough prayers and intervention from the Lord it will just go away.
As you can tell, I'm probably not making a whole lot of sense, but I thought it was important to put something in my blog for all of you that have been following this journey. So for now, please keep praying and I will do the same. I'm praying for guidance, wisdom and faith. I trust the Lord and know that all things happen in His perfect timing. I certainly don't know all of the answers, but I know that He does. And everything will be revealed to me when I need it.
I'm not afraid, I'm not scared. Heck, I'm really not even worried. So, now it's off on a new adventure!
Thanks to everyone that has prayed for me, called me, emailed me or just thought about me. You are all blessings.
Hugs to all.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
Phyllis, I think it's the doctors that aren't making any sense. That must be frustrating! I'm so glad to hear that you aren't afraid, scared or worried as you and the experts put the pieces together. God has granted you peace, the answers will follow on His time.
If you want to come out to Vegas and speak to the holisitic doctors or come out for treatment, our Guest Bedroom is yours.
Still praying, enjoy more nuzzling with the animals and ice cream sundaes as you wait for the answers.
Thanks for posting "the latest". It does sound confusing. I'm glad you are taking this in stride and ready to tackle the research and decisions ahead. I hope you have a relaxing 4th and feel good, enjoying yourself.
Sheila
Post a Comment