Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Road Trip

I left my house before 5:30am this morning, heading to Spokane. And Sassie finally got to ride along. I knew it would be very hot, thus the reason for the early departure.

I stopped at Inland Imaging first to pick up a CD of the PET scan I had back in June. Turns out that only a certain person can burn a PET scan to a CD, and she wouldn't be there until 9am. So I head over to the radiology department at Sacred Heart Hospital, to pick up all of the procedures done at the hospital. They had everything but the EUS procedure (probably the most important one). The gal even took me back to her computer so that I could see that it wasn't showing up on her screen. From there I went over to where I had the original EUS procedure and a very nice gal worked on tracking it down. Turns out the doctor that performed the EUS procedure is the ONLY one that can call it up to burn a copy. And he was unavailable until like 3pm. But the gal I was speaking with didn't give up, saying that she was waiting to hear back from a person working with the doctor, and I should check back in about 30 minutes.

So that gives me the opportunity to walk across the street to my doctor's office to get a copy of the original ultrasound I had done that discovered the gallstone in my gallbladder. Well, it turns out that they don't burn CDs there, and I need to get it through Inland Imaging. So I figure I would check with them when I stopped back to pick up my PET scan.

I got back to check on my EUS procedure, and the gal said that there was someone burning the disk right now. I just about gave up, because it took so long. By this time I had already been in Spokane 1-1/2 hours trying to cut through all of the red tape. But my persistence paid off because I soon left with a CD. That made a total of two CDs so far.

By this time I had about an hour to spend with my sister before she had to work, so I decided to head to her house and get the other ones on my way out of town.

This is how much Sassie didn't enjoy her new little corgi cousins.


She was like saying "get me away from these youngsters"! You can tell she wasn't happy.


But towards the end of the visit she finally settled down and let Duncan look on. You can see that Duncan is just a little leery of her, because Sas had to have a "talk with both of them" to make sure they understood that she was the boss!!!

The time went by quickly and Marsha's first student arrived, so it was time for us to say goodbye. Stopped at Costco for gas and then headed back to the hospital to pick up my CDs from Inland Imaging. When I was there first thing in the morning, I parked outside at a special lot called "Mary's Place". It doesn't cost anything and there was nice shade for Sassie. But we parked in the parking garage when we were back there at 11:00am, because the temperature was already in the mid-80's. Cost $2, but worth it to keep the old pup happy (she turned 16 in June)

Inland Imaging had the CD burned of my PET scan, but fussed and whined a little about having to burn a CD for the doctor's office from across the street. But after 20 minutes or so, I was on my way with two more CDs, a total of FOUR for the day.

The trip back was grueling. I had stopped and gotten something to eat at McDonalds, and this time the chocolate milkshake didn't agree with my stomach at all. I had the worst gas, and I kept belching practically the entire trip. And my back was really hurting me too. When I got home, I had some 7-UP, then took an Advil and laid down for a little while. Feel much better now.

I'm really glad that today is over. All I have left to do is go out and feed the horses and cats and then I can call it a day.

It was a good day though, because I accomplished everything I intended to do today. Can't say that very often.

'Til next time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: