Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Wheels Are Turning

Finally..................

Yes, sometimes it feels like everything takes forever. But the folks in Seattle have gotten back to me. They want MORE TESTS, since all of the ones last month were negative. (You know, I never knew just how beautiful a word "negative" is. So at least for now, I like negative).

I have another EUS (Esophageal Ultra Sound) scheduled for 11am next Thursday - July 23rd at University Hospital in Seattle. We will also be doing another blood draw and a second CAT scan. These last two procedures will "probably" be on Wednesday. I should know for sure within 48 hours. After that, I can hopefully have my second opinion consult with a doctor on Friday.

You know, I really only have one concern here. As a lifelong Cougar, having graduated from Washington State University in 1971, it is extremely difficult for me to even think about going to the University of Washington for ANYTHING. It's like a cardinal sin or something! But I know that this has nothing to do with Cougars or Huskies and I'd better just get over it. Okay....easier said than done, but I'll try.

As everything gets firmed up, I'll update this blog again.

In the meantime, I need to find someone to help me fix a broken sprinkler line in my pasture. I noticed it this morning. Looks like the horses were using the riser as a scratching post. Think I'll call my neighbor across the street. And if he is tied up, I can always ask my farrier to do it. He's coming in the morning to trim horse toenails. See, I still have options!

Thanks to everyone for continuing with me on this journey. Your faith and support and prayers keep me going. The friendship of each and every one of you means a great deal to me. We'll get through this........TOGETHER.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis,
Not sure if you remember, but Bob's surgery was done at the U of W hospital. We thought the care that he got fell into the EXCELLENT category! I've even switched to a UW Physician for my primary care. And I'm not a Husky! 'Course, I'm not a Cougar fan either. Do you need a place to stay next week?
Corie

Amanda said...

I agree, "negative" has never sounded so positive. good luck with the sprinklers.

Anonymous said...

My love to a fellow Cougar. Remember, Cougars got the Vet School and UW the Medical School. We just have to share our toys with those Huskies. Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis, Sorry to hear you are having some health problems. I will keep you in my prayers. I will also be checking your blog to see how you are doing.
Palmer, Virginia and Mary Ellen are out here on the farm now. Wayne and grandson Josh are coming tomorrow on the train. They will stay a week ME, Wayne and Josh will drive Virginia back to WI. Palmer will be staying until Sept it sounds like then will be driving back himself. He has a very hard time remembering words. He knows what he wants to say but just can't get the words out. Virginia is very frail but doing OK. I think ME has her hands full taking care of them.
All is well here. We have a new grandbaby. Daughter Bobbi has a new baby boy, Ty he is a sweetie.
Take care of yourself and you will be remembered in my prayers.
Love and God be with you. Nancy Snider