Yup..............picture of the road ahead!
We got up this morning and promptly decided to get out of "Dodge". So we went and had a quick breakfast, bought some hydraulic fluid, stopped at the office to check out a day early, unhooked the motor home from everything so that we could drive over and fill up with fuel. Then we came back to the park and hooked up the car to tow.
Got about 100 miles up the road to Ocala and stopped for something to drink. Noticed that the passenger rear duel tires were really smoking. We called the RV place where she got the rig and they called her back within 30 minutes. We thought it might be the brake pads or shoes, since it was only on the one side. They suggested that it might be a bubble (or a series of bubbles) in the brake line. So we drove forward 30 feet and back 30 feet for about 15 minutes to try to get any bubble out of the line. We checked everything and decided it was working okay. So we re-hooked up the car and drove on to Jacksonville. Arrived right at 6pm.
Went for a walk trying to do a little geocaching, but couldn't find the cache. I think it was my GPS unit isn't working very well, plus we were in shorts and the bugs were really biting us. So now we're back in our little house ready to play cards. Carol mixed up some taco salad stuff. It was wonderful. We were both pretty hungry.
We're heading for Savannah, Georgia in the morning. It's only about 130 miles from here.
Now it's time to play cribbage. Carol always beats me, but I tell her it is time for her to give me another lesson............as I think it is time for me to beat her..........bad!
We're having a good time.


4 comments:
Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see pics of Savannah.
: )
Sheila
Sounds like you've got Carol cooking for you now.
I went in the barn to check on Boogie and I have not a clue what that is. Almost looks like a burn but doesn't seem to to hurt him to touch it. I put some of your Aloe Heal cream on it Sunday and will check it again today. Big Mr. Boone even let me pet his face and cheek. I think he misses you. Have fun, tell Carol HI
Glad you are having a good time. Smoking tires would really concern me. Glad they are ok now. hope they don't give you more trouble during the rest of the trip.
Gracious what a trip!
Post a Comment