Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend


The lawn is mowed and ready for "company"!


After my company arrived Friday night, I abandoned everyone and went on this trail ride Saturday. The weather was a lot warmer than our first ride.


This is what I discovered when I got home. Boy, did they have fun!


As a reward for getting all of the eggs decorated, (and the rocks picked up in the arena) they got to "drive the tractor".


The girls stayed busy by baking this Easter Cake!


Being a morning person, and knowing the girls would miss this, I walked down to the end of the road to take photos of the Easter Sunrise.

The sun rises

The stage at church on Sunday. Wow....what a great service.

The lilies that we got after the service. My Africa girls (Alex, Sarah & Angie)

After dinner Sunday we all took a well-deserved nap, and then the girls decided that they wanted to go shopping at Nordstroms. And since there isn't one in my community, they packed up and went to Spokane, to stay at Angie's house. Then Monday at noon Alex & Sarah got back on the bus and headed home to Canada.

Monday was spent washing clothes and bedding. Now I'm ready for more company.

Today I got a haircut and ran a ton of errands.

Tomorrow it is another trip to Moses Lake and then on to Wenatchee. Brother Albert has a follow-up doctor's appointment and we need to be there by 10am.

Thursday I have a dentist appointment and the horse shoer will be out to put new shoes on my riding horse. I'm also having a repairman here in the afternoon to perform service on a recall of my refrigerator ..... something about the possibility of fire! Decided to get that taken care of right away.

Friday I pack.

Saturday I leave town on an airplane for Florida.

Until then, it's just one day at a time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Chocolate cake with jelly beans- oh be still my heart. Good luck with your busy week.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. Have a great vacation - njc