Do you see what I see in my flower beds? Yes, one little bloom!!
It is really a brave little flower. We call them snow lilies, due to the fact that they can pop up through the ground and bloom with snow still on the ground.
But no snow this year. Isn't it a vibrant little flower? The two-toned green stems belong to it. And when I say little, I mean "L-I-T-T-L-E". Hard to get any idea, but these are dwarf flowers and only grow about 3" tall. So when you see the first one, you get really excited. Like...........yippee, it's time for SPRING.
And this last one is my version of "picture with baby". Being that MY babies weigh over 1000 lbs, it's hard to think of them as cute and little. But I noticed that Lena was lying down out in the pasture, so I quickly (but slowly) walked down and sat down right beside her and snapped this photo. Wish my arms had been a little longer, but hey.........we're both in the picture, right?
The Lena photo was especially tricky since I was sitting on the same side as her FEET. I've never done this before, so had no idea what she would do. Images were flashing through my mind of her feet slamming into my body as she hurried to get up. But she was a real trooper and didn't move until after the photo. Then she needed to get up, but I was able to scoot out of the way. I felt really badly that I had interrupted her quiet-time.
Sassie is at the dog groomers. Dropped her off at 9am and will go get her at noon. I'm sure she will be gorgeous. Old, but still beautiful.
Yesterday we had sunshine and temperatures in the lower 60's. Kept the windows open all night. Loved the fresh air. And now that spring is in the air, it's time to dust off my lazy body and go outside and try to get some things done.
Spring makes a body feel good.


3 comments:
You have an adorable baby : )
When are you going to post pictures from your trail ride last weekend? I'm still waiting, but losing patience, hehe.
Sheila
What a couple of hams smiling for the camera. Both of you look so cute together.
Cute pic's.
Post a Comment