Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Interesting . . . Can Spring Be Far Behind?

What a day. Woke up to teensy white pebble-like hail on the ground. Then the sky cleared and there was beautiful sunshine……cold, but beautiful.

Shortly after lunch I was contemplating brushing my horse and going for a ride. But glancing at the sky showed extremely dark clouds surrounding the area. Within 30 minutes there was more hail, lasting less than 10 minutes. But oh dear, it was noisy!

Sunshine followed this scene and again, I’m thinking of heading for the barn and going for a ride. But first, some bookkeeping chores. Sadly, right as I was getting dressed to head for the barn, I heard a terribly loud noise on the roof. Glancing outside I could hardly believe all of the hail that was descending from the skies. Huge pebbles this time and for much longer.

Okay……..no riding today.

Such are the days of early spring. And yes, I know that the calendar says that spring does not even arrive for two more weeks. But there are signs everywhere. My daffodil and tulip bulbs have been peaking through the ground for over 3 weeks. They are almost ready to start budding. And just yesterday I saw a robin in my yard. Ah……spring and robins. Now all I need are a few lazy white clouds floating aimlessly above, while I lay in the grass watching them on their carefree journey through the sky. But I digress.

I’m still working extremely hard to get everyone ready for the next mission trip to Rwanda. We now have a team of 22 members and just this evening I contacted our travel agent to reserve plane tickets for the trip. Wow, so much work – but also so very rewarding. And of course there are the stragglers that need a little friendly reminder for turning in their documents, providing some paperwork, or whatever. I call it nag, nag, nag. Now THAT is something I’ve always been really good at. (I know I’m not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition … get over it!)

Tomorrow is another day. I’m hoping for a SPRING day. I understand we could see the upper teens tonight, but it's supposed to be back in the 60's by the weekend. Yes, definitely hoping for spring.

No comments: