Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back In The Saddle

Yee Haw. Finally had a decent afternoon (cold, but with sunshine), so just a little after 4pm I went down to the barn, brushed Lena, and eased on her saddle. Took extra layers of clothes for me and a hood. We spent about 30 minutes on ground work, to make sure we both remembered "the rules", then it was time for a short trip out into the wild blue yonder.

Oh boy, what a great way to relieve stress. Nice relaxing ride. Hopefully we'll get another tune up before our trail ride Saturday. Our club holds a series of rides throughout the year, and I am sharing the duties of "trail boss" with another gal. Our first ride is Saturday. Looks like a slight chance of rain, but the weather will be much warmer than now. Plus I predict NO RAIN.

If you see me moving slowly in the next few days, you will know....."she is stiff and sore from the first few rides of the year". I always think I won't be sore, but I always am. It's a good sore. Like any exercise, your muscles scream, but you know it's good for them!

If I was wise, I'd go soak in a hot tub. But oh no, I'm just heading straight to bed! Goodnight.

No comments: