Oh dear…………my back has been causing a BIG fuss all day today. Nothing I’ve done has helped. I just took two (2) Oxycodone & one (1) extra strength Tylenol as kind of a last resort. My doctor in Spokane wrote me a prescription for more Percocet, but it won’t get mailed until Monday. So in the meantime, I’m trying anything and everything to relieve this intense pain. I even called my cousin Mary Ann tonight, because I really needed a friendly voice. She prayed for me, which really helped – even though tears were streaming down my face the entire time. Prayer is so humbling and also so encouraging at the same time.
Before I could take the Oxycodone, I had to get something in my stomach. I ate a hardboiled egg. Then I took a nausea pill, because I’m feeling a little weird tonight. And then just minutes ago the pain cocktail. I’ll let you know how that works.
I’ve found a ride to my PET scan on Monday. I friend of mine who is retired will be doing the honors. He has offered to pick me up at 8:45am to have me to the appointment by 9:15am (they want me there at least 15 minutes prior to my 9:30am appointment). This test takes about 3 hours (partially because of the dye they inject in me) and then we have to wait for it to get throughout my body. The actual scan takes almost an hour. I’m thinking I’ll probably have them give me something for claustrophobia too, since I remember the last time I got extremely uncomfortable the last 15 minutes or so. We shall see.
After the scan I may just go to my friend’s Mom’s house to lay low for a few hours. Then she can bring me home after she gets off work. Or Art might be able to bring me home. We’ll see how I feel on Monday.
I hate this business of being undecided. After spending so many years as a Type-A, I do know that I’m not really the one in charge. But I pray for healing, I pray for comfort and peace and I pray for NO PAIN. And I thank all of you for supporting me and praying with me and for me. You are all so vital to my healing. Each of you has a special place in my heart, and I thank you for your love and your friendship.
Ouch.
9 years ago

1 comment:
Phyllis - Praying hard for you to be relieved of pain and to have only good days beginning now. Love ME
Post a Comment