Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happenings

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Where to begin. On Wednesday (was that just two days ago) I had a consult with a radiation oncologist about the next “phase” of my treatment. Silly me. I thought we would probably actually get to the part about discussing the radiation treatments – how long, side-effects, etc. But instead, she (Dr. Sheila Rege) was extremely concerned with my back pain. FINALLY, someone is concerned about this terrible pain. Her main concern is that the cancer has spread to the bones. Which, of course, isn’t good. Isn’t good at all.

She put a marker on my back and sent me over to Kadlec hospital in Richland for several X-rays of the area. Then I’m scheduled for a complete body bone scan on Monday. And Tuesday she wants my blood draw to include a CA19-9 test. (This is a cancer marker that can be used as one tool in determining if there is cancer in your system). I didn’t know that I had one of these tests taken the end of July last year, three weeks before my surgery. That number was 401. (The higher the number, the greater the cancer diagnoses is….and of course we now know that I definitely had cancer prior to last summer’s surgery).

After all of these test results, I will have a follow-up consult with Dr. Rege next Wednesday morning. Then we’ll have something solid to talk about.

In the meantime, PT is going okay. My back is still creating issues, but I’m hanging in there. I’m just hoping for no more lemons – because I’m tired of making lemonade!


On another note, I went to a new restaurant today for lunch…..called SIX DEGREES. They just opened Wednesday. It was an extremely busy place and served some pretty good food. I brought most of mine home in a box and have been munching on it off and on all day.

I once again end with a Thank You. I do so appreciate everyone out there in bloggerland. You are my joy and I want you to know that each of you help me to get up in the morning.  And while each of you is my joy, God is my rock.  And I will always be sure to give Him all of the glory and all of the credit for my life.  Thank you Lord.

3 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Glad you found The Rock.
Glad to be a part of your Joy.
Grateful for new restaurants, who appreciate our business, which we are happy to give them. Yummm.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. Thanks for showing us how to be hopeful and happy... even when life is a pain in the back.


LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

Phyllis - Now is the time to praise even more as God has given you great strength to know him and let him lead you through each phase. Love ME PS No lemonade necessary. Tea would be fine.

Anonymous said...

Amen.

-kr