Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Moon and Stars

As mentioned in previous posts, our recent weather has been nothing short of phenomenal. But we’re getting temperatures from the north, which puts a bite in the air. It’s been chilly in the morning, but warms up nicely during the day. Several nights ago when I was letting my dog out to do her “business” I looked up and saw stars…..and a tiny sliver of moon. Right then I knew we would be in for a cold start to the next day. But I’ll take waking up to sunshine and cold weather over drab, gray skies any day. And I just saw on the evening news where our morning “wake-up” temperature could be as low as 19. Yikes! After getting into the upper 50’s and even a couple lower 60’s – 19 is going to be ccccccold.

I’ve been trying to control my back pain with lesser amounts of meds over the weekend. I’ve done pretty good until this evening. I took a couple Percocet (Oxycodone with Tylenol) a couple hours ago, but it seems to have done nothing. Neither has heat or sleep or anything else. Note: do you hear a big whine here? Darn, and it’s even self-induced. Oh well, this too will be survived. At least now I know for sure what my pain tolerance is.

I have physical therapy in the morning, followed by a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned. And all of that will happen before noon. That’s a lot for me these days.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a note to let all of you out in bloggerland know that I’m still around and kicking. Also want to say that I truly, really, honestly do appreciate all of the comments you add to my blog. It means a lot to me that know so many of you care. Life is good. God is good. Praise God for the ability to know Him and to know each other.

No comments: