When I went looking for airplane tickets, I finally decided on Ministry Travel. They are the ones that made our travel arrangements to Rwanda last year. There were many advantages to using Ministry Travel:
- No payment (not even a down payment or deposit) until 45 days before departure. That means that even though I “bought” the space last December, I don’t have to send money until May 1, 2010. How great is that?
- We’re flying British Air and they don’t normally book seats until 48 hours before travel begins. But for us – we were able to get assigned seats back in December.
- If we had to cancel for any reason, there was no charge or penalty for doing so.
I absolutely LOVE to travel. I get almost giddy about it. Too much like a kid maybe, but travel has always been fun for me. When I was younger we spent a lot of our summer vacations in Montana – where my dad grew up. Traveling with three little kids had to be a chore for my mother, but daddy loved heading “home”. It was a long two day drive back in the 50’s – so we usually got a very early start on the first morning. I can vividly remember my dad waking us up in a sing-song voice and a tap on the door about 4am singing “we’re going to Montana – we’re going to Montana”. To this day, that’s still one of the most beautiful messages I could hear.
Today is another beautiful day in the Tri-Cities, with lots of sun streaming in through the windows. My dog roams around from spot to spot, trying to find the floor space that is the warmest!
The horses are once again out on pasture. But I think it’s about time to put them back in the arena. They’ve started running around out there, which means at least two things. One – they’re done eating and two – they’re thirsty. But they like it outside, so I’ll wait just a little while longer before locking them back up.

2 comments:
Phyllis - I love to read your blog. I have come to check for your updates on a daily basis and even though I some times think - oh what if it isn't great news have learned that your news always has some great message or idea. Love you ME
You have such a sweet, picturesque way with words.
Gonna to Europe... going to Europe.
I like to travel, but I can't say it brings back wonderful memories of my happy dad. I drove him NUTS on long motor trips because I was kinda "hyper" always making some noise.
I remember packing the Suburban and taking MY family of SEVEN to Sunriver each summer. I sounded more like your dad, "Goin' to Sunriver... Goin' to Sunriver."
We never got off very early, but we had FUN.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Post a Comment