I’m not sure why things keep happening to me and then I sit around in some kind of trance as if to say “What just happened?” It really is strange.
I got ready this morning (had to leave about 30 minutes earlier, since on Mondays we see the doctor in addition to getting radiation. The first thing the nurse noted about me was that I was YELLOW…….Yes, turning “jaundice” again. Maybe I thought it would just go away if I ignored it. I really don’t know. Well, it did NOT go away and the doctor would not do any more treatments until the source of the jaundice was discovered and that an aggressive treatment schedule could begin.
First thing I had to do was go to the Hospital Emergency Room. Truly not how I had anticipated spending my afternoon. DAR got me to the ER about 2pm ……… and the waiting began. I think it was just over an hour before I finally got back to a bed in the ER area. First thing they did was blood work (and of course they didn’t use the port, since it was still being accessed for the chemo treatments). Blood work came back marginal (meaning they couldn’t really find anything wrong with me via that route. Next he does a simple x-ray, which again shows not much. Doc is sure there is a blockage of some kind – like there was an initial blockage back last June that was a symptom of the first go-round. Bummer, bummer, bummer.
My chemo nurse called me about 5:30pm (I’m still in ER) to check on me and see if I’m okay. My friend Sue showed up about 6:15pm-ish, and we waited some more. By this time, the ER doc had called an upper GI guy to see about taking a peek into my pancreas to see if he could discover the blockage. He said that because of the Whipple surgery last August that he could NOT. He said that things are just in too many different places now from before. But he had taken the time to go through and check all of my MRI scans that had been taken between now and then to see if he could see anything unusual. NOT REALLY was the answer.
There is a guy in the Tri-Cities that does do the above procedure (it’s kinda like what’s been done before with a long needle and a bag – only he doesn’t think ------ or maybe really doesn’t know if we leave with a bag or not.) He doesn’t think we keep the bag. At shortly after 7pm I was discharged to home. Yea for home.
My great friend and neighbor had fed my horses, cats and dog by this time, so when I called to say that Sassie didn’t need to spend the night at her house, it saved her a trip back to my house. Sas also practically INSISTED that she hadn’t yet been fed. I double-checked with Peg and we’re now very clear that Sas did indeed eat tonight. I really don’t know how many times she would actually eat before getting stuffed, but it involves several bowls of food, I am sure.
The GI doc is supposed to be calling me Tuesday and they want to do the procedure on Wednesday. Meaning that I should be back on the right track later in the week. Not sure what this does to the radiation schedule, but it will definitely be delayed a few days.
Now it’s off to bed. Just thought I’d better give everyone a HEADS UP on what’s been happening at my house.
Love you lots.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
Thanks for letting us know you are home. At the FCSC we heard that you had visited Kadlec ER and might be staying.
I will be praying for you and your next vacation.
Nell
You are obviously one who Thinks Well. I'm guessing you Eat Well. I hope you are able to Move Well. Movement is a nutrient. I hope you are able to get some movement in the sun that lifts your spirits.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Post a Comment