Not much has happened since we last talked. Haven’t heard back yet from the doctors regarding the simulation radiation. But I really didn’t expect to hear anything this week (they told me it would be a couple weeks).
I woke up this morning feeling really lousy and sick to my stomach. When I finally analyzed it, I discovered that I had slept all night without waking for a pain pill. Good for the sleep, but not so good for the pain. I’m sure that is what caused the nausea. I was able to get into the bathroom and take one of my quick-acting (but very expensive) nausea pills that I slip under my tongue. It did the trick. Then I could take the pain meds.
What would I do without friends (and how many more times am I going to have to say that)? I called Peg and asked if she could feed this morning, as I certainly wasn’t functioning properly. Without a moment’s hesitation, she said she’d be “right over”. I let her know that it wasn’t “urgent” and that any time would be fine. Later on that afternoon she came back and filled the water tank. Peg…..You’re the BEST.
Oh, and she went to town and picked up my long-term pain medicine (Oxycontin). I started taking it this evening (every 12 hours). I had received a note earlier in the week from my insurance company regarding this drug, and they advised “it was NOT included in their formulary” – which means they don’t normally pay for it. But they gave me a 30-day supply and said I could appeal their decision or try to take something that IS approved (like a morphine “something-or-other” drug). I’ll have my doctor write an appeal. Otherwise, my cost will be like an additional $150 per month. Still better than not getting the actual drug I need.
Life continues to bombard me with new things. I’m trying to keep to my same policy of just handling it one-day-at-a-time. When I remember that I am NOT IN CHARGE and that God is I find that the days go by much more pleasantly. Why we have to have an “emergency” in our lives to remember our true meaning and purpose for being here is a little sad. But if others can learn from me, then maybe that’s why God put me here.
I love all of you out there in bloggerland. You’re the best. Thanks for all of your prayers.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
Good morning. I too, am very thankful for your friends. It is amazing how a person wishes they could do something to help, but realize they are too far away to do anything. So although I have prayed for you, I now have started including your friends in my "thank you" list! So, thank you Phyllis, for being you and thank you friends for who you are! And for whose you are. ME
Others are indeed learning from you, Phyllis...perhaps in more ways than you realize. Your shining light glorifies Our Creator. We thank God for your example of living life with the zest He intended, and for reminding us that we only need be concerned about TODAY.
-kr
Post a Comment