Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back in the Hospital

Had my “out-patient” procedure today regarding draining the bile duct(s) in my body. Turns out the doc wants to keep me overnight to show me how to drain the tubes and keep things in proper order.

But this time I was prepared. Arrived complete with cell-phone charger (which doesn’t seem to be holding a charge for very long these days). Also brought my laptop and charger for it too.

Got to the RECOVERY room close to 5pm and immediately ordered dinner. I was “starved”, having had nothing in my stomach for like 36 hours. Open-faced hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, green peas, tapioca pudding and apple juice completed my meal. I ate over 1/3 of it, which for me is a lot of food. Now if I can just have a bowel movement, I’ll be one happy camper. They gave me something pretty strong for a laxative, so I’ve got my fingers crossed.

If things go as planned, they’ll show me how to drain my bile ducts (I have tubes) and then I should be able to go home in the morning. I’m looking for a ride to get me home.

And I’m keeping my cell phone turned off, since it didn’t hold a charge for even two hours today….and normally it’s like 2-3 days. What’s up with THAT?

Sorry this is so short, but just wanted to let everyone know that I’m at Kadlec hospital in some kind of a special outpatient area. (Of course it would be SPECIAL. After all, it’s about ME!!!)

Goodnight.

I love all of you,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phyllis,

I live close to Kadlec and I'm free tomorrow. I'd love to drive you home.

My phone number is 627-4306, or email me.

Nell

Vanessa's Dad said...

Hope everything, including you, moves along they you want today. I know you like to be home, so that's where I'm praying the Lord leads you.

Movement is an essential nutrient for our bodies, so I hope you can be working around home soon.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD