Just a quick note to say I’m out of the hospital and back home. Wish I could say I feel good, but I don’t. I’ve got lots of pain (but this time in my side where they did the procedure). I just took a couple Oxycodone, so I should be getting some good results from that soon. I feel like I need to hold my side when I walk. Yes, it really does hurt.
My dear friend Peggy, bless her heart, is feeding for me this evening. We both decided that it would not be good for me to go out and open gates, let alone throw hay.
A friend from my horse club stopped by the hospital this morning (early – since she wasn’t sure how long discharge would take) and then drove me home. We stopped at the grocery store and got some Milk of Magnesia. I was also given a great laxative last night that did the trick. It was so nice to not feel blocked up anymore. Constipation - the downside of taking medicine.
So I was actually parked back in my house, on the couch, by 12:05pm.
I need to get in touch with the cancer doctors today (or tomorrow) to discuss where we go from here. Right now I feel like doing nothing but SLEEP – so that is what I’m going to do.
Thanks for your prayers, thanks for your kindness, thanks for your love, thanks for your words of encouragement and prodding. I need every one of them – even though I think I was a little rude to my friend Sue when she called about an hour ago. But that’s what happens when you wake me when I’m sleeping and when I REALLY don’t feel well.
More later. God is good.
Ouch.
9 years ago

3 comments:
Rest well. You deserve it.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Phyllis,
Are you all right? You haven't updated the blog since you got home Thursday. Did I kill you with the car ride?
Nell
It took a while but I am caught up now. I can never remember my username or password so I read but don't comment. Sometimes I read and comment and go to submit and get my password wrong and give up. I am assuming you are sleeping now, resting up for your "carrot".
Love you. MJ
Post a Comment