Feeling oh so much better today. Back to my old self. Looks like it was a "food" issue yesterday that had me feeling so lousy. Good to know..................no more Chinese food!!!
With the weather turning so bitterly cold, I've had some problems with some of the electrical outlets in the barn. I've already blown one outlet.....I mean "worn it out - dead". So I've got some outlets that just plain DON'T WORK. And I'm carrying water to one of my mares in the barn, as her automatic waterer has frozen solid. And it's only going to get worse over the next 4 or 5 days. But that's okay. We've survived worse weather than this. It was 17 degrees this morning when I got up....and almost 20 degrees inside the barn. Whoopee, almost a heat wave!
I've been working on the Greece trip today. I finally called a travel consolidator and she found flights for us that were $560 cheaper than what I could find online. But we'll have to fly a day earlier, since the plane will arrive in Athens at 2:30am (yes, that's in the morning). Hopefully we will have time to recover from jetlag so that we can enjoy our time in Greece. The flight arrangements should be confirmed by tomorrow. And the best part? We don't have to make a deposit and the money isn't due until about 45 days before the flight departs.....which means around the first of May.
It makes me feel better just knowing that I've started putting this trip together. After the flights have all been confirmed (I have to make arrangements to fly to Seattle and then we need to fly one-way from Athens to Naples) then I can start making lodging arrangements. That starts to get me excited and anxious for the trip.
Life is good. I'm feeling better. I've completed a total of seven doses of chemo. Only eleven more to go. God is good. He has gotten me through this far and I will walk with Him through the rest of it. Life is definitely good.
Ouch.
9 years ago

1 comment:
Brrr.....
Glad you are feeling better.
Looking forward to vicariously experiencing your Greece trip.
LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD
Post a Comment