Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Skating on Wheels

It started snowing last night, turning to rain in the early morning – with the temperature hovering around 28 degrees. Definitely freezing rain.

I had a series of appointments in town, beginning with a haircut at 10am. I started the car early, scraping off all of the snow and ice. The roads were absolutely treacherous from my house to the freeway – roughly 7 miles. On a road that posts the speed limit at 55 mph, we all drove 30 mph or less. The “going” was slow, but the “stopping” was darn near impossible.

After the haircut, I went to a friend’s sister’s funeral at 11am. There were many deaf people in the audience, and all of the music and speeches were translated in sign language. It was a beautiful service.

I then went to Costco and had my new glasses adjusted. The nosepiece was bothering me, so the gal did her magic, and so far I’m happy with the results.

At 1:30pm it was time for my chemo session. Seems like it has gone by so very fast. I am now halfway through with the chemo. And next week is my third “vacation week”. NO CHEMO NEXT WEEK!!!!

Final stop of the day was to the post office. I went to the one at the grocery store and it wasn’t crowded at all. Thank goodness. I had one package going international, and it was just over the limit that they could handle. With parcels, they can take anything up to 13 ounces. Well this one was 13.7 ounces. But I didn’t have to go all the way to the main post office, as there was a postnet facility about 5 businesses down the way.

With all of my assignments complete, I came home and promptly took a nap. And now the chores are all done for the evening, I’ve had dinner and I’m kicked back and sharing the ottoman with my dog. At least she gives me a little room.

Here’s wishing that each of you find the true meaning of Christmas this year. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life ……. John 3:16

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

I love the scene in "Charlie Brown's Christmas" when Linus tells us what Christmas is all about, and he recites the birth of Christ from Luke. Very special.

No chemo on Christmas? That sounds special... How 'bout some snow. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD