Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Tourists

Today feels like our first day of vacation, as we really had "nothing to do" today. What fun. Lazed around in the morning, then decided to head out for a drive....oh, did I mention that it was almost 2pm by the time we got started? Yup, we are definitely on vacation.


Drove over to the other resort that is owned by the same people as the one we are staying at. Ours is called Bethpage. The other one is called Greys Point. This photo is taken at Greys Point looking at the bridge crossing the Rappahannock River. YES, THIS IS A HISTORY LESSON. For those of you that don't know where the Rappahannock River is ..... get out your atlas, or go online and check it out.


I always like taking photos of the American flag. This flag is in front of one of the permanent motor homes at Greys Point.


Carol's home is on Bayberry Lane. She is on this corner.


This is what her home looks like. See, we even got the tire covers on the rig. She does have an awning, which we haven't set up yet, since we've had winds every day.


Carol's getting ready to reorganize one of her outside storage areas to be able to store her car "buddy brake" system, since she's not towing her car for over six months.


Okay........so it wasn't an entirely work-free day. When we got Carol's picnic table cover unpacked and put on the table & benches, we noticed that there was quite a bit of mold on it. So when we got back from our drive this evening, I grabbed our newly purchased blue bucket, donned plastic gloves, the simple green and a brush and got the cover sparkling clean. Of course Carol spent most of the time sitting in the green chairs you can see behind me "supervising". I was the servant, doing her bidding. We've really been having a lot of fun.


Can't believe that I've only got five more nights to stay here until heading back home. I know there are lots of duties waiting for me back home, but for now I'm enjoying life one-day-at-a-time.

Tomorrow we are going to Williamsburg. Carol's mom is coming next Saturday for three weeks and will be spending the first week at a time-share resort in Williamsburg. We're going down there to be tourists, check out mom's place & to do some geocaching. Plan is to leave here around 9am, which means we need to get to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You poor baby for having to clean the table cover! HAHA.