The time has gone really fast. We did a lot. Seems like I've been away for a long time, which makes it good because I'm eager to head for home. I swear I've been in more rain the last week that we get in SE Washington in an entire year. But we didn't melt and just decided to get out and do things while we were in Virginia.
Just had to snap this shot of Carol in her "full" caching gear. We had places that were really muddy and standing water some days, so she just donned her rubber boots and headed on in after the prize. Our last caching day was Monday and I now have **301** finds. Of course Carol is at 2204. I'll never catch her, because I get busy with other things when I get home. But it's always fun to go out.
My aunt Gerri came up to Urbanna Tuesday morning and we spent the day roaming around and goofing off. Here Gerri & Carol are dancing in the aisles of the local drug store. Some really nice music was playing and they just "couldn't help themselves"!!! Oh, did I mention that Urbanna has a population of only 600 people? They kept telling us that "you're in the country here" when we would ask about where to find a hardware store or other BIG city amenities.
We went back to the Northern Neck touring with Gerri and we ended up in a town that I cannot remember the name, where Gerri had a friend's son that was bartending at a place called the Alley Cafe. The guy (name is Robert Huff) is also a published author. Bob had a copy of his book Pass Port and Gerri bought it from him. She had previously read it but decided to read it to "us". She was just too funny with her glasses pulled way down her nose, so I snuck the camera on the table and snapped this candid shot. After a couple pages, Carol snagged the book and said that was enough. The girls spent the afternoon drinking margaritas (it WAS Cinco de Maio) -- okay, I don't have Spanish spellcheck & I know that isn't spelled correctly, but you know what I mean. I ended up being the designated driver and we made our way safely back to the motor home at Bethpage Resort.
And now it is time to be thinking about home and getting back to the "real world". The vacation was great, but now I'm ready to face life back home.
Thanks for following me along on vacation. I love all of you out in bloggerland.
Hugs to all.


1 comment:
Your exploration of that part of the country sounds fascinating. I've never been there, but it sounds (and looks) like a beautiful place to visit. Too bad the weather wasn't a bit more cooperative, but maybe that makes it more memorable in it's own way : ) Please post when you've arrived safely back home!
Sheila
Post a Comment