Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cheapskate!

Made it to Seattle. Planes were ALL very late arriving and departing from Pasco, but we finally got out about 2 hours late. I was checked into my hotel before 6pm.

My only issue is (well, okay……I “may” have more than one issue, but a primary one is) I’m trying to figure out how to avoid paying $9.95 for internet access here at the hotel. That is the charge for a 24 hour day – noon to noon. I’m really tired tonight, so decided that I didn’t need to be checking out the internet. That can wait until 12 noon on Saturday!

In fact, I’m so tired that I ordered room service tonight. Had fish & chips and a yummy apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

It is now 9:35pm and I’m in my jammies and tucked into bed. First malaria pill was taken tonight. They want us to start taking the meds 48 hours prior to leaving the country. I think that one of the reasons for that is so that if there are any issues or reactions to the meds, I’m still local and can get it looked at prior to leaving. But of course I am no longer home, but still in the USA. However I am not anticipating any problems - - one of the advantages of a rot-gut stomach!

Erica called tonight. She & Laura are taking the train up tomorrow from Portland and will spend the night in Redmond with some friends. Looks like we are finally all beginning to converge on Seattle and begin our trek to Rwanda.


…………………the above was written last night – December 26 (Friday).

Woke up this morning to rain & a little wind. I was sitting by the window complaining (to myself, since I was all alone) about it being so very cold there. Well, after I re-engaged my brain, I grabbed the blanket off the end of the bed and returned to sitting in the chair by the window. Much more comfy.

It is now almost 12:30pm and I’ve had breakfast and wandered around the hotel for awhile while they cleaned my room.

Now I think it is time for a nap, since for some stupid reason I woke up at 4:15am. Okay, maybe I’m just trying to subconsciously get my body moved forward 10 hours to be on Rwanda time.

Should be heading down to the 5-story atrium in a few hours with the huge pool. I brought my swimming suit. Now we’ve just got to see if I’ve got enough nerve to actually go swimming!

I know that lots of you are thinking about me and praying for me. I appreciate all of it.

Love you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All is well here; 40+ degrees and snow is melting fast. Tiny bit of a breeze but not a real chinook. We had company today and you know who got the most attention........your deary little social butterfly:-)
Peg

Albert said...

I think you're in Washington D.C. now. I hope THAT flight went well.

Keep up the postings!

-Albert