Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Playing with Photos

Okay.............so now all of you know what is hanging above my washer & dryer. I was attempting to take a "close up" using the micro setting on my camera.


This is my second try....leaves falling. I had things set real low (poor quality). But I still think it turned out pretty good.
.


Random shot, taken by brother. (Note the blue blanket.......there will be a "close-up" later).


Closeup of the fireplace & stuffed animals on the hearth.


This is an extreme close-up of the blanket. Lets me know that I should be able to take pictures of little tiny things and make them stand out. We shall see.


Where to begin. I was going to say that my journey starts 7 weeks from today. But that’s not true. The journey actually began 9 weeks ago when we first met for an “introductory” meeting. Since that first weekend in September it has been life in warp speed. A partial list of accomplishments includes:
  1. All necessary travel shots & vaccinations (complete)
  2. Eye doctor & physician exams (I’m A-okay and I can “see”)
  3. Picked up my new glasses just yesterday (which was deemed extremely important since I broke my other good glasses…making my back-up pair at least 5-years old)
  4. Purchased travel insurance – While it was a requirement for this trip, it is always a good idea to have some sort of insurance that will airlift you home if something really bad happens. So I always get the travel insurance and hope to not every have to use it
  5. Hotel reservations have been made for the 2 nights prior to departure
  6. Airline reservations have been procured for a roundtrip flight from Pasco to Seattle
  7. My new camera is here!!!! – I’m being very careful right now because I don’t have a good camera case yet, and I don’t want to get it scratched up. (Sounds like I’m saying “I’ve got this beautiful new camera, but it’s too pretty to use”)

Currently I am sitting at my brother’s, while he is playing with my camera and talking to his son. I had some stuff seriously messed up in the setup, but he is correcting that as we speak. What a good brother.

Woke up to rain this morning, so decided this just might be a good day to drive to Moses Lake. Packed water for the dog (Sassie gets to go for car rides in the winter time!), grabbed a loaf of banana bread from the freezer and a jar of strawberry-rhubarb jam from the shelf and headed out the door.

But I’m a little concerned. When I walked in and handed the food to Albert, he kept looking for the camera. Since handing it over to him he says things like “gee, it looks just like mine”. I’m hoping he gives it back to me! We shall see.

====================The above was written last Saturday, November 8, so will try to finish this entry sometime yet today. Oh yes, I did get my camera returned. I left the camera case that came with my recent purchase (which was not practical for what I wanted to use it for) in Moses Lake. Brother says he’ll put it on EBay. But during the time it took me to drive home, he had ordered a camera case for me! What a good brother. So I can cross that item off my list.

We get to meet with the rest of the team (minus the two gals from Canada...they deemed it too far to travel) in just 4 days.I've made a check-list of things left to be done. I keep crossing things off, but then adding things as well. The item that sticks out in my mind is "fresh batteries" for things like my clock. I also need to change the batteries in my home's smoke detector, the barn clock & the sprinkler timer.

Oh, the best news. I now have raised enough funds to pay for my airplane ticket. In fact, I'm at 80% of reaching my total goal. This has been an amazing journey for me. One friend of mine cornered me at church last Sunday and handed me a check and said "Here, I want to be part of your adventure. I'm so excited for us."

A nice reminder that I am not doing this alone. Thanks to everyone that has helped push me along to get ready for this experience. I promise to take dilligent notes and report back on EVERYTHING.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Noah had loads of fun playing with all the fancy settings on our new camera a group of ship friends got together to purchase us after Cadence was born. I have the strangest most random photos of the NICU that he took when he was figuring all the settings and features out while we were visiting Cadence and she was just sleeping and growing and just not being very entertaining. I, on the other hand, just want to be able to take the picture and have it turn out good. I can barely use any of the fancy settings, but I seem to take a million pictures with the majority turning out so I figure that's ok. Glad you have a brother who can help you get your new toy all worked out before the big trip.

Sounds like you have gotten lots accomplished in the recent weeks. So exciting!

Unknown said...

So close, so close, so close! The trip is so close!