Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And the Winner is.................

Have you ever done something really dumb? I mean really, really dumb? Of course you have. We’ve all done things we wish never happened. But they do.

I went on a GREAT horseback ride a couple weekends ago. We had a wonderful time and I took lots of pictures of everyone as we were riding alongside the Columbia River in Oregon. When we got back to the horse trailers, I put the horse away, grabbed my lunch and camera and proceeded to a nearby rock. While munching on a yummy ham & cheese sandwich, I viewed the day’s pictures. We all parted and headed back home……….and I haven’t been able to find my camera since. I looked through the garbage (which is not a fun-thing to do), poked around everything in both the horse trailer & pick up, and scanned every possible spot in my house. I even drove back to "the rock" in Oregon 6-days later. Still nothing.

Yes, I am the unfortunate winner of the really, really dumb award.

Since going to Africa without a camera is simply NOT an option, I finally bit the bullet last weekend and ordered a new Canon SD990. It shipped Tuesday and should arrive within a week. (Yes, earlier I said "phone"..........Thanks for pointing that out. Now everyone knows I had a BIG-time "senior moment"!)


When I sent all of the specs to my brother (he helped me buy my first digital camera…the one I lost) he said something like “gee, nice camera…. I want one”. As you can see, I chose a red Canon this time. Hopefully I won’t lose this one. The red model was a limited edition.

..........On a side note. Did you know that I have the very best niece EVER? She’s my nephew’s wife and I love her. Oh yes, baby. She arranged 2-nights lodging for me at the Marriott at SeaTac for $79 per night. For those of you that may not be impressed by that number………the normal room price is almost $100 per night MORE than my guaranteed rate. (Thanks M).

So now when I fly over to Seattle in December prior to departing for Africa, I will have a gorgeous room at an affordable price. And hopefully visitors. I guess the indoor pool is beautiful. So bring your suit and lets par tay.

Hopefully I will be sending pictures soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And I'm in a weight loss contest so maybe by then I'll dare to bare...and will indeed bring my suit and swim in that magical pool. I'm telling you the pool is AWESOME! We are so coming for a visit. And the rooms are lovely!

Amanda said...

Phyllis, I don't even want to think about how many cameras I've lost. Um, it's been a few. Noah and I have had two of the snazzy limited edition Cannon Elph's in fun colors. We lost a pretty red one somewhere on our way to the Denver's Airport. I hope you have much better luck with your new beauty and looking forward to seeing your amazing pictures from your trip next month!