Most of you know that I’m a horse fanatic (yes, I have come to realize that horses are more than a mere passion for me).
In my current bible study we are studying Beth Moore’s “Stepping Up - a journey through the Psalms of Ascent”. One of the things she talks about a lot is parallels. How something is related to, or can be compared with, something else.
I have a shirt that is called “Advice from a Horse”
- Take life’s hurdles in stride
- Loosen the reins
- Be free spirited
- Keep the burrs from under your saddle
- Carry your friends when they need it
- Keep stable
- Spur yourself on to greatness
Wouldn’t life be a lot calmer and better if we could apply these to our daily lives? There are definitely parallels here that apply to horses, our relationship with each other and the relationship we have with the Lord. How many of us aren’t glad when He carries us when we need it? And if we all took life’s hurdles in stride, just imagine how that would reduce our stress.
Okay……………I leave you to draw your own parallels.
Now I'm off to the barn. While it is cloudy and foggy here today, there is no rain or wind (thus the reason for the fog!). Weather should be in the 50's by afternoon, so some of us are going out as a group for what may be our final horseback ride of the year. As long as this weather holds, we will ride.

1 comment:
Advice from a horse...I like it!
Post a Comment