Time…………..It’s sneaky. We worry about it, can’t seem to get enough of it, can’t hold on to it, and sometimes want it to go by “slowly” or “quickly”. Lately, I just keep wondering where it has gone. Maybe I just need a timeout.
I’ve felt pretty good this last week. No upset stomach, no trouble with foods or anything. But I sure have been sleeping a lot. This is the first week that I have consistently been able to sleep both day and night with no problems. Lots and lots of sleep. I figure that my body must be really working on healing and needs all of this rest. I have definitely learned what my doctors requested…..”Listen to my body”.
Part of it may be because I’m bored. I mean, since I’ve got all of the lodging completed for my European trip, including the itinerary, I don’t seem to have anything “long-term” to do. Oh, I know….getting well is a pretty good long-term goal, but it all seems so vague. I’m needing something a little more tangible. I’m really very good at planning trips – lodging, details and free time. If anybody needs some help with anything like that, I’d be happy to assist.
Or maybe I’m just getting better and now I need more than one thing to focus on. Would be nice if we could get a week or so with no rain or bad weather so that I could think about grooming horses – which of course would lead to riding horses. I know it’s still mid-January and I’m pushing it a bit, but it would be great to saddle up for a quick ride somewhere. But spring will come.
I’ve noticed that the days are getting noticeably longer. So nice. Makes me smile. When we reach the summer solstice I will be in Greece, happily soaking up all of the sun and ancient history of the area. Oh boy!
On Wednesday (gee, that’s like tomorrow already) I’m getting a CT scan to check on the progress of the chemo. This will give the doctors and me the first opportunity to see if the cancer is receding, in remission, or somewhere in between. I’m also getting a couple MRI’s of my lower back to help my GP determine what to do about all the pain, and if it is in some way related to the cancer or the chemo, but more importantly WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. Hopefully it will be a time for answers. After everything has been read (which make take a day or two) I will get CD copies of everything to take to my surgeon in Seattle. I have a follow-up appointment with him next Friday – January 22nd.
Sassie continues to get better all of the time. She’s back down in the barn with me when I feed. This morning I was sitting on a bale of hay and talking on my cell phone when I noticed Sas was nibbling at a few cat-food crumbs that had slipped to the ground. Doesn’t do any good to yell at her, since she cannot hear, so I just chuckled – glad that there were only a few pieces that had slipped by the cats.
Yes, time really is marching on. In just over a week it will have been FIVE MONTHS since my surgery. Remember when I re-read my notes and it said that total healing would take 3-6 months? Looks like I’m well on my way. And time is a beautiful healer. Things I can do now, I couldn’t even begin to do two months ago. I am very happy for more progress, and pleased that everything is going according to His plan. My life has definitely changed these last five months. The most noticeable is my walk with the Lord. He has been faithful to me and I have tried to be faithful to Him. He overwhelms me sometimes. I do love Him so.
Ouch.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment