Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Now I Know Why

Remember when I told you about my sleeping all of the time? Well, now I think I know why.

When I went in to get my chemo yesterday, they said they needed to recheck my blood, because my platelet count (platelets replenish bones) was low. And that hopefully Monday was my lowest day and if so after the test (and waiting 30 minutes for results) we should be able to proceed with chemo #12. No such luck. My platelet count was actually LOWER yesterday than on Monday. Also, my red blood count was lower as well.

What does that mean? For starters, it means that I get to “skip” a week of chemo. And since next week was already scheduled as my “off” week, I will actually get a TWO WEEK VACATION from chemo. That should give my body a chance to catch up. Not yet known if I will have to make up this lost session. Doctor will determine later.

So for now……my immune system is highly compromised. I need to be much more EXTRA CAREFUL around people that cough, etc. Be sure to wash my hands after EVERYTHING (which I pretty much already do) and just be sure to let my body heal without any additional germ risks.

Sleeping a lot is definitely needed for my body to heal. And building healthy platelets is a hard job. Lots of sleep and rest needed for that.

……………This morning I’m heading into my CT scan. Started drinking the contrast dye mixture about 15 minutes ago. It tastes like some kind of a berry, but looks milky – like chalk. Not a great taste, but definitely tolerable. I have two bottles to complete in the next three hours. One-half bottle the first hour, one-half bottle the second hour. One-half bottle the next HALF hour, and the last half bottle as I drive to the appointment.

Woke up to lots of rain today. Supposed to be tapering off by afternoon. So much for getting my arena dry.

Oh yes………speaking of arenas, I had to put water in the arena water tank yesterday, but kind of forgot about it. So after feeding, I came up to the house and promptly went down for a nap. A couple hours later I discovered the very LARGE arena puddle, so went and shut off the water. Nothing like a little artificial help to impede my progress.

Today is my youngest nephew’s 25th birthday. I’ve got to be sure and give him a call today to wish him a wonderful day. How can it be possible that he is now 25? I remember when he was born.

Now it’s off to drinking more yucky white stuff. Wish me luck!

No comments: