Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunshine!

Wow……….what a beautiful way to start a day. Sunshine streaming through the window. It was double special because all we saw Sunday was a steady drizzle of rain.

And now tonight I’m in Seattle. My friend Sue & I came over this afternoon. The pass was clear and the traffic was minimal for a holiday weekend.

We’re now safely ensconced in our hotel, which is only minutes from my doctor’s appointment in the morning. My oncologist at home wanted me to go back for a visit with my surgeon after 4 months of chemo………..Four months. Can you believe it’s really been four months already? And this hotel has a free shuttle service to the hospital (where the doc’s office is located). That will at least save us the cost of parking.

I received a copy of my MRI test results the other day. There was absolutely nothing to link the back pain to any kind of cancer. Yea for good news. But really, they found NOTHING. Hopefully my GP will now be able to start me on physical therapy or something else to get rid of the back pain. Now that we know it doesn’t have anything to do with cancer, I just want to have the pain go away.

I may not find out the results of the CT scan until I see my other doctor on January 27. But my doctor tomorrow will get a copy of the scan, so he may be able to give me an idea of what the results are.

That’s all for tonight. We’ll be getting back home late Tuesday night, so I’ll try to get another update out Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks to all of you who follow me via this blog.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hurray for sunshine! Indeed a wonderful way to start off the day. I think you had more sun in Washington than we had in Nevada yesterday :) I guess that's good that the MRI came back pretty clear. Hopefully when your muscle tone improves through PT the pain will go away. Praying to good news today! Give hugs to KC and family for me please!

Vanessa's Dad said...

Good way to enjoy a visit to the doc... anything to make those visits easier.

I was just in Seattle Friday night, but only for a few minutes to rescue my daughter Emily, who missed her train back from Seattle Pacific Univ to a three-day weekend at home, which included a baby shower for one sister and and a 21st Birthday for another. A night in a hotel would have been kinda fun, and very relaxing. But, Emily and her roommate wanted to be in Oregon, so it was a quick turnaround, and a long drive. Good thing I like auto trips.

LOVE,
CADENCE'S GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES - PT is going to be great and you will be free from back pain sooner than you think. Love MARY