Today the dog and I made a quick trip up to Moses Lake to see my brother. We packed a cooler with already fried bacon, sliced tomato, cleaned and dried lettuce and bread and a few other things, loaded everything in the car and headed up the road.
While my brother was busy installing a new DVD read/write drive into my laptop, I toasted the bread and made BLT's for lunch. Yum, they were good.
We got the laptop working, so now I should be able to burn some of my Africa pictures onto a DVD and give it to the Africa Mission Alliance folks. Haven't actually gotten the stuff onto the DVD yet, but at least it is now ready to roll.
Beautiful drive through the Columbia Basin today. Blue sky & clear until I was within 2-3 miles of Moses Lake. And even those clouds burnt off by the time I left.
I'll be back in two weeks when I take my brother to Wenatchee for another doctor's appointment. And he has an appointment in Moses Lake on Tuesday (tomorrow) with his regular doctor. Albert seems to be eating a little more, but certainly doesn't have the appetite he used to have.
Son David had been over to visit him this past weekend. Imagine my surprise when I drove in and discovered David's pickup sitting in the driveway. Apparently the pickup "died" so Albert let him "borrow" his car to get back home. They think it is something electrical. It's an older vehicle, so the cost of repair will have to be weighed against the truck's worth.
I just found out yesterday that we will be giving our testimony at church in two weeks (on February 22) regarding our trip to Rwanda. We are really anxious to share our story, as so many people have asked us when we will get to tell everyone about our trip. We will be joined by Angie from Spokane and perhaps even Amon & Erica from Portland. Could be a regular Rwanda reunion! More on all of that later.
Ouch.
9 years ago

2 comments:
BLT's??? Yum-eeeeee
BLT's do sound VERY yummy right now!
Exciting about the chance to share your testimony and details of the trip AND a little reunion at the same time. :)
Post a Comment